Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
06 is my year
1,062 Posts
hehe....You think the R1 sticker on the tail would have given whomever posted the pics a clue...????

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Maybe it's a R7, but it has the body style of a 02/03 R1.

·
w00t
2,524 Posts
is a salvage title that bad, what do you look for when buying a salvage title bike?
a salvage, or a rebuilt bike doesnt mean its totally ****ed right.. it had to be inspected before it can be insured again or how does this all work!?
Thanks

·
Bring X back
3,041 Posts
UnToldFoX said:
is a salvage title that bad, what do you look for when buying a salvage title bike?
a salvage, or a rebuilt bike doesnt mean its totally ****ed right.. it had to be inspected before it can be insured again or how does this all work!?
Thanks
I was just thinking the same thing.

Hes in my area...kinda....so to go pick it up wouldn't be too bad.

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
LOL I like how they've parked it on the lawn so it leans way over for that "race" look!!! :D :lol :2bitchsla

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
MegatronR1 said:
LOL I like how they've parked it on the lawn so it leans way over for that "race" look!!! :D :lol :2bitchsla
Hell yeah... look at it. Almost dragging knee already :lol

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
:bs

·
I Jigga high, I Jigga Lo
1,708 Posts
Buying a salvage bike offers really no resale value in the future. However, you can still recoup your cost if you bought it real cheap. Many choose a salvage title bike for a track bike. Basically, they know the will never sell it and do not expect much $$$ from the sell of a track bike anyway. They bought the bike to ride and thrash the poo-poo out of it. I guess you can say it is more "disposable".

There are some people who buy salvage bikes (cars too) and fix them to look normal. However, there are safety issues lurking below the plastic or sheetmetal. Such as frame stress cracks, sucky welds, bent swingarms, etc... Many (most of the public) do not want to take a chance. That is why you basically do not have a good resale value with a salvage title bike. Too much risk.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts