Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
04-06 same.. head little different on 06..but its internal.

bottom end motor of 07 is same....it should bolt up.. only electronics and FI stuff will be different. but really i think u can take 07 motor, put all FI off of 04 on it.. and it will run.

·
A New Breed
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks man. Another question for you...as one of the few people that actually answer mine! Any idea if the fuel pump will work if positioned sideways? I'm assuming the "pick-up" is on the bottom when sitting vertical, as it is in the tank. If so then the "pick-up" would only work if it was constantly submersed in fuel.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
04-06 same.. head little different on 06..but its internal.

bottom end motor of 07 is same....it should bolt up.. only electronics and FI stuff will be different. but really i think u can take 07 motor, put all FI off of 04 on it.. and it will run.

brandon you really think that the 07 motor will fit on the 04-06 frame :dunno

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
skipper.. yes i do.. i have 07 set of cases... blowm motor sitting in floor. soon as i get my motor out.. im going to put cases up there and see.. only difference would be any mountin on cylinder head.. if any. basic bottom end is same as 04-06 with different rods. course pistons and head are differnt..but motor retains same bore and stroke.. so it should be same dimensions. i would bet 99% sure its bolt up right now without checking.

and yes fuel pump needs to be partially submerged. it picks up from bottom(at least 04-06 does) it has little square sponge filter on bottom. thats intake for fuel.

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
skipper.. yes i do.. i have 07 set of cases... blowm motor sitting in floor. soon as i get my motor out.. im going to put cases up there and see.. only difference would be any mountin on cylinder head.. if any. basic bottom end is same as 04-06 with different rods. course pistons and head are differnt..but motor retains same bore and stroke.. so it should be same dimensions. i would bet 99% sure its bolt up right now without checking.

and yes fuel pump needs to be partially submerged. it picks up from bottom(at least 04-06 does) it has little square sponge filter on bottom. thats intake for fuel.

brandon if you get the 07 motor in the frame of 04-06, you need to let me know. ASAP bro

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
brandon if you get the 07 motor in the frame of 04-06, you need to let me know. ASAP bro
ok..plan on taking motor out next weekend, then i ll have to box up one at work and bring pieces home to see if it fits. doesnt have head on it..but shouldnt need it...but have spare and set of cylinder i can lay on it to see if it bolts up. just going to mock it up in there and not bolt it up. but should tell me if it fits or not

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
ok..plan on taking motor out next weekend, then i ll have to box up one at work and bring pieces home to see if it fits. doesnt have head on it..but shouldnt need it...but have spare and set of cylinder i can lay on it to see if it bolts up. just going to mock it up in there and not bolt it up. but should tell me if it fits or not

ok in about 2 weeks then we should find out right :lol

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
skipper is that you in your sign/avatar? ****ING HELL you're maaadd leaning... hope you were on race-proven tires :p

yeah you can see the pics on myspace the link is in my signature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.