Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Full Throttle til you see God
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a wrecked 04, missing cluster, bought cluster, when I opened it I noticed a 2 wire pigtail coming out of the cluster right where the female connector is... what in the world does this go to? I have looked all over whats left of the front of the bike and cant find the mate for it. Thanks guys.

·
R1 all the way
813 Posts
I wonder if those are the wires for the bar mounted stopwatch switch like what is on the new 06 R1?
I guess I could check the manual but that would be to easy :)

·
Full Throttle til you see God
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NY2NJ said:
By any chance, does the cluster have one of those aftermarket guage faces? I know the indiglo-illuminating faces have a similar cord which attaches to an included power source.
as a matter of fact it does! And now that I have assembled the front end completely, I noticed the only thing not working is the backlight for the tachometer. Man, first thing I noticed is that the mileage it was supposed to have is wrong, and now no light. I knew I shoulda been more patient and just got one elsewhere.

·
Dark Horse
3,031 Posts
Pariah said:
as a matter of fact it does! And now that I have assembled the front end completely, I noticed the only thing not working is the backlight for the tachometer. Man, first thing I noticed is that the mileage it was supposed to have is wrong, and now no light. I knew I shoulda been more patient and just got one elsewhere.
Open the cluster by removing the screws in the back. This will allow you to access the face plate. If you can remove the aftermarket face plate (which is attached to the cord) you should be good. Unless I'm mistaken, the stock guage face should still illuminate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.