Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been working on a custom airbox/filter with custom velocity stocks, ported throttle bodies & ported head.
all of this has been port matched so that the flow has no obstruction at all.
you could not find a job like this from anywhere, I would compare my work with anyone you can name.

pics/details to follow.

this was going to be for my brother & then he decided to get an 07 (last minute) (family sucks).

this will be make an offer!

keep in mind I've got $ & time in this!

also I'll port/build any motor you've got!
I'm looking to get some work going.

John Boston
[email protected]
949 292 6353

·
NOVICE
1,080 Posts
cant wait to see pics.

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
what kinda range you looking at... i have no idea what somthing like this would go for
I've added it all up & I'm looking for 1400.00.
you could easily pay that for just a port job at other places but this will include milling & a multi angle valve job. not to mention the airbox/throttle bodies.
the last head I sold, the guy gained 10.5 HP with just porting alone.
I'm guessing this setup will add 15+ hp.
at 1400.00 that's right around 100.00 per HP.
I don't know about you guys but I paid about 2450.00 for a full system & pc111 & map to gain 10 HP that's 245.00 per HP. it doesn't take a math whizz to see the dollar per HP ratio is a real bargain.

the pics are of the last airbox/throttle bodies I did. that gives you the general Idea of the intake design, which doubles airbox volume. Also I forgot to mention that this setup comes with a washable reusable filter saving you like 80.00???
the last pic shows a before of the throttle throat for comparison. the entire lip/step you can see is gone in the after photo, making the intake as large as it can be without cutting all the way through the body.

Attachments

·
brand new wrecked R1
290 Posts
wow thats one hell of a hp gain! If thats what someone is going to really get lets go in to production!

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
wow thats one hell of a hp gain! If thats what someone is going to really get lets go in to production!
like I said the last head I did gained 10.5, sold to vtecetr92.
that head was just ported with stock compression & didn't include anything else.

I can't believe there's not more interest in porting around here, maybe I need to go to the gsxr forum?

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK!
1,491 Posts
Sweet setup. Good luck on the sale.

Ride safe.

·
brand new wrecked R1
290 Posts
I might want to do some engine work this winter but not right now during the season. Plus i'm a por white boy.

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I might want to do some engine work this winter but not right now during the season. Plus i'm a por white boy.
I'm a poor white boy too.
I'm a general contractor in so cal & the economy has taken a crap! so I have no work.
I'm looking to build a motor building business & am willing to work for cheap to establish a name. I've already designed a custom intake & jet kit for the first gen FZ1 (which I still have available)

I just looked up KWS & they want over 2k for just porting

I am the bargain of the century!
please keep me in mind & tell your friends.

·
STRAIGHT ROADS SUCK!
1,491 Posts
thanks!
you don't need more power? :riding
07 R1:fact

Besides you know the Blue 07's have "pro racer mode":hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Ride safe.

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
07 R1:fact

Besides you know the Blue 07's have "pro racer mode":hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

Ride safe.
I'd love the opportunity to work over your 07.

plus I can install ludicrous mode. :secret:

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
i want but cant afford:(

·
Its a Money Pit
454 Posts
uhh why did i have to buy a plasma last week... O well i'll definatly be getting back to you during the off season for some work.

·
Addicted for Life
117 Posts
Same here, the winter the motor gets to have its turn at mods. The porting and what not sounds like a good start.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.