Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Curve Surgeon
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 R1 that wouldn't start. I just heard this clicking noise coming from the relay behind the battery. Thought it was the battery so I bought a new one. That wasn't the problem. I thought it might be the relay, but before I replaced that I decided to take it to a Yamaha dealership. Come to find out, it was just a code that needed to be cleared and they only charged me $40 to troubleshoot and fix the problem. Yamaha of Lumberton is the best. Plus they only charged me $55 to put a set of tires on. That's why I drive over an hour to go to them instead of the Yamaha in Wilmington or Myrtle Beach.

·
Raven
35 Posts
damn i have that exact problem on my 05 i also replaced the battery and now when i hit the ignition i hear click from the relay and the engine light comes on....i was going to give it to a shop tomorrow to troubleshoot but if its that code then what should i do cuz the shop is pretty pricey with labor???

·
Raven
35 Posts
yea i took it and turns out its the only thing i didnt and couldnt really check the STARTER went bad at only 3700 miles how shitty is that those thing dont run cheap either but i gotta it running again compression starting is a bitch...has anyone else had this problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.