Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I want to put 04-06 Forks on my 2001R1. what exactly do I need to swap?
Can I use my stock R1 front wheel? or can I just use the 04-06 fork legs in my stock 01 tripples?

what exactly needs to be done & with what parts & about how much should I pay for everything?

·
Go Gators!
149 Posts
I'm getting ready to do this conversion myself...

You'll need the 04-06 forks, lower triple, axle, calipers/pads, master cylinder, front wheel and discs. You can reuse your stock upper triple and ignition. I read somewhere that the stock fender will work, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, you don't have to change the lower triple. But, if you find a set of forks with lower triple and axle, you might as well do it. People have done it both ways.

And unless you want it to look funny... you'll probably want to do the rear wheel too. For the rear you need, the 04-06 rear wheel (obviously), the 04-06 disc and cush drive, and the 02-03 caliper/pads and mount. You can reuse your stock rear axle and sprocket.

Buying parts off ebay... expect to pay somewhere around $900-1000 for everything, not including shipping.

Good Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.