Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Go Gators!
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all...

I'm getting ready to swap out my stock master cylinder with a radial mount one from a 04-06 R1. I have the stock 2000 calipers. Im planning on adding some Galfer SS brake lines at the same time. I noticed that the 04-06 master cylinder brake lines attach from the bottom of the master cylinder. Where as the 98-01 master cylinder brake lines attach on the left side of the master cylinder.

For you guys out there running this setup... which year R1 did you purchase brake lines for... 98-01 or 04-06? I'd image that I would need the 04-06 lines beacuse the 04-06 master cylinder needs lines with a 90 degree bent end (due to its bottom attach point).

I'd apperciate the feedback... thanks

·
THE MAN
3,743 Posts
You can buy the lines and fitting seperatly. I have had to do this several times for rear brake lines on extended bikes.

pretty simple, and all just screws together, with no actual line "building".

·
THE MAN
3,743 Posts
think all the major brake line companies offer lines this way. I want to say the last one I put together was with galfer componets right off their site...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.