Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
Plenty of 04s will probably be broken sooner and in greater numbers than the 03 was/is. Watch eBay.

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
Eyespy said:
Plenty of 04s will probably be broken sooner and in greater numbers than the 03 was/is. Watch eBay.
lol, you either completely missed the question, or you're bloody witty!
Either way, :thumbup

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
gcain said:
lol, you either completely missed the question, or you're bloody witty!
Either way, :thumbup
:sneaky Thanks. Oh, and I think 04 breaks will be more expensive than 03 breaks. :crash

·
Kermit
547 Posts
On my 1939 R1 - the only things that don't break...are the brakes!

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
lets stick to the question plss :)

·
fear is healthy
1,038 Posts
Forged calipers are made from the same material as standard calipers but instead of being cast using molten alloy the alloy solid,but very hot, and pressed under very high pressure into shape.This makes them very strong and makes sure there are no air holes or cracks in the material.
Radial calipers are mounted to the fork leg with the bolts pulling the caliper down onto the fork leg. Normal calipers bolt sideways onto the fork. The Idea is to stop the caliper from moving and flexing when the brakes are applied.

See attached image of a radial caliper and you can see the bolt holes that go down through the caliper body.

Attachments

·
we meat again
18,563 Posts
Eyespy said:
:lol :bash

accce said:
what are forged radial mounted brakes
:)

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts