Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Take The R1 Challenge
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am buying an '04, but have no idea what color to get. I know this is personal preference, but I have a Blue '98 R1 and as far as I know the blue color of the '04 is the same, so that has me leaning away from blue, only because the casual observer probably will not spot the differences and know the new blue one is an '04. We of course know the changes and can spot the differences immediately, but hey since I am dropping a substantial amount of money for it, I would like the public(especially the GSX'ers) to know it's the new kick-ass '04. I understand the silver is selling the most, as the most popular. I like the looks, but not as well, but it is unique for R1's since they came out in '98 as far as I know, or is that not true? Has silver been a color before this year? The downside is that being the most popular color, that of course means more people have them. I don't like the red too much, so it is blue or silver. So, who has seen the blue side by side and what were your impressions?

· on the 7th day, he made the R1
500 Posts
dunno :dunno
I bought a Red 04.....Still hasn't arrived here in so. NJ. I'm loosin my mind waiting......all you guys with red ones suck!...lol

:p :p
:

· My other bike is your sister
7,421 Posts
I went with red, mainly because blue and silver seem to be the ones everyone will have. They're tight, but red will stand out that much more....

At least I hope when the friggin' bike shows up here in upstate NY in April!

· all he wanted was a smoke
465 Posts
It was a tough choice for me. People were telling me to get red, but I wanted silver. I've always had silver cars and bikes so I guess its just my taste. I like the sleeker look of a colorless bike with the black frame/wheels. The red would be my choice if I was going to chrome the wheels but for me silver is the better looking bike. Red will stand out more but who are you trying to impress!? Get what you like. ;)

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.