Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
D= V x T
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all you guys who had 02"s and 03"s and went for the new 04". How do you like it?, Is it that different? power?, feel?, ergos?, I"m not asking if it"s worth it to change(that"s a whole other thread) I just want some opinions, thinking of getting one if I can get enough for my current 02"

·
R-Neo
669 Posts
i had an 03 gixxer 750 n im getin the 04 anytime now...ill post my thoughts on how it compares to the 750... but on how it compares to the older R1s it looks sick and performs like a heavly modded 03...i think i read somewhere a guy talkin about blowin his friend on his 2002 R1 that had some 2k dumped in it...so if i was u and owned a stock r1 ill trade for an 04 in a sec but id wait a few years if u have alot in it already!....jus my thoughts tho!

·
D= V x T
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anybody?............Buelher.......Buehler........Buehler
come on guys

·
Wheelies for boobs!
3,992 Posts
Find a way to keep both bikes. You'll be happy that way.....

Trust me!:cool:

·
D= V x T
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to, one for the track one for the street........but which, who am I kidding I"d be in divorce court:no

·
Wheelies for boobs!
3,992 Posts
XFACTOR said:
I would love to, one for the track one for the street........but which, who am I kidding I"d be in divorce court:no

Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to achieve the greater good...

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
RUFFSTUFF said:
Sometimes you have to make sacrifices to achieve the greater good...
:lol :lol :rock :rock

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
XFACTOR said:
for all you guys who had 02"s and 03"s and went for the new 04". How do you like it?, Is it that different? power?, feel?, ergos?, I"m not asking if it"s worth it to change(that"s a whole other thread) I just want some opinions, thinking of getting one if I can get enough for my current 02"
I currently have the 04', and had the 02'. I must say that the ergos are a lot better, the whole bike is much more comfortable. The power is really strong past 8500 RPM, she pulls to the moon. The power delivery is really nice and the EFI is better too. The steering feels lighter and more precise, (like an R6). The brakes are better too.

Fit and finish is still eceptinally nice. The 04' R1 is now a complete package for sure.

All in all, this is the best R1 to date. And it's going to be MOTY!!!!!!!

·
D= V x T
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the reply;)

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have a 04 and 02 R1. Do I like the 04 better, of course, it's new.

Is it sexy, beautiful and does it handles nice, YUP!

It feels very tiny, has very responsive handling, stiff suspension and very crisp, throttle control and engine. Alittle more comfortable than my 02 and it goes fast.

Decided to zing the RPM's up to about 8000 - 9000 the other day, before ya know it I was going 110+, felt like 55.

If I never rode my 02 again would I miss it, NOPE. However, I still luv the 02, and I'd be riding it more but it needs new tires.

Figured I'd wear my 04 tires out abit first. :)

Tarl

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Tarl said:
I have a 04 and 02 R1. Do I like the 04 better, of course, it's new.

Is it sexy, beautiful and does it handles nice, YUP!

It feels very tiny, has very responsive handling, stiff suspension and very crisp, throttle control and engine. Alittle more comfortable than my 02 and it goes fast.

Decided to zing the RPM's up to about 8000 - 9000 the other day, before ya know it I was going 110+, felt like 55.

If I never rode my 02 again would I miss it, NOPE. However, I still luv the 02, and I'd be riding it more but it needs new tires.

Figured I'd wear my 04 tires out abit first. :)

Tarl
Yeah Tarl, AGREED!!! I was in 6th doing 110 indicated, and whacked it WFO! In about 5 seconds or so, I was at an indicated 175! This '04 R1 is faster than my '02 for sure. And the power was smooth and the bike revved to the moon.

·
Dark Horse
3,075 Posts
Re: Re: 04` compared to the 02`/03` How do you like it?

r1-superstar said:
The power delivery is really nice and the EFI is better too.
:eek: That's amazing because I thought the 02 fuel injection was as good as it gets. Then again, I thought the same in 2001 when I got my F4i.

·
My wife hates my R1
246 Posts
XFACTOR said:
Besides a dealer once told me its easier to ask for forgiveness then to Beg!:D

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 04` compared to the 02`/03` How do you like it?

NY2NJ said:
:eek: That's amazing because I thought the 02 fuel injection was as good as it gets. Then again, I thought the same in 2001 when I got my F4i.
The '02 EFI did not have dual-valve throttle bodies with motor-driven secondary valves.

·
3W M078
218 Posts
There was a time when I wouldn't even think of riding anything other than a Gixxer. They handle great, and go like hell. As Far as power was concerned, everyone knows a Gixxer 1k would pimpslap whatever tool rolled up next to you. For me, every other bike seemed to be a compromise. (It has the most comfortable seat on the planet too)

But, in the back of my mind...

I always thought that the Gixxer looked dated. It just looked oldschool, but I loved the power and handling. Plus, it didn't help that my girlfriend damned near would wet her pants every time she would see an R1.:confused:

So then I started listening to what people had to say about R1's in general, and I was impressed. (except for the headshake)

Then along comes the new R1...

Do I miss the Gixxer? Hell no. The R1 is WAY more refined. It rides better, handles better, has way better throttle response, fit and finish is better on the R1, more power, more goodies, and it looks unlike anything else on the road. The Gixxer may as well be from 1992. It is absolutely leaps on bounds ahead of the Gixxer. Sorry if anyone reading this is a Gixxer fan, (you would have to be a ridiculously hardcore gixxer fan to be more into them than I was) but the new R1 isn't a little better, it's A LOT better. I would NEVER consider the Gixxer now over a new R1. The bike is a dream in every aspect. If my dragging clutch issue clears up, the bike is perfect.

Buy an '04 R1, and you will smile from ear to ear everytime you ride that sexy ass-kicking work of art.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
DJ SPEEDRACER! said:
There was a time when I wouldn't even think of riding anything other than a Gixxer. They handle great, and go like hell. As Far as power was concerned, everyone knows a Gixxer 1k would pimpslap whatever tool rolled up next to you. For me, every other bike seemed to be a compromise. (It has the most comfortable seat on the planet too)

But, in the back of my mind...

I always thought that the Gixxer looked dated. It just looked oldschool, but I loved the power and handling. Plus, it didn't help that my girlfriend damned near would wet her pants every time she would see an R1.:confused:

So then I started listening to what people had to say about R1's in general, and I was impressed. (except for the headshake)

Then along comes the new R1...

Do I miss the Gixxer? Hell no. The R1 is WAY more refined. It rides better, handles better, has way better throttle response, fit and finish is better on the R1, more power, more goodies, and it looks unlike anything else on the road. The Gixxer may as well be from 1992. It is absolutely leaps on bounds ahead of the Gixxer. Sorry if anyone reading this is a Gixxer fan, (you would have to be a ridiculously hardcore gixxer fan to be more into them than I was) but the new R1 isn't a little better, it's A LOT better. I would NEVER consider the Gixxer now over a new R1. The bike is a dream in every aspect. If my dragging clutch issue clears up, the bike is perfect.

Buy an '04 R1, and you will smile from ear to ear everytime you ride that sexy ass-kicking work of art.
Thank you fine sir, your fine words are greatly appreciated here. Welcome to the our side.

·
`Are you SERIOUS?`
514 Posts
I second that!!:beer

·
R-Neo
669 Posts
Originally posted by DJ SPEEDRACER!
(It has the most comfortable seat on the planet too)
my 03 750s seat sucked...maybe the newer models have worse seats... but i got on the yami and man it was like heaven compared to the gixxer...

Originally posted by DJ SPEEDRACER!
I always thought that the Gixxer looked dated. It just looked oldschool, but I loved the power and handling.
i agree with you totally there! i think all the white on it and the big ass back end make it look 80s but it was still hott! gotta love thoes white rims! ive always loved the yamahas when it comes to looks but i decided to go with the gixxer for performance...now its a whole diff story yamaha has combined awesome performance with looks and pretty decent reliability! in my mind the new 04 is king on the block now! :fork :thumbup

1 - 20 of 21 Posts