Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
'04 R1 Dyno from Sport Rider

Saw this on another forum, confirmed its on SportRider.com!

1. ZX10rr @ 161.8 hp
2. R1 @ 158.0 hp
3. 1000rr @ 153.5
4. GSXR !k @ 152.1
This first graph is from the 04 R1

Attachments

·
Real Men Drag Their Right Knee
1,440 Posts
Good to see the latest and greatest R1 now has more power than the old gixxer.

Oh yeah only once you hit 11,000rpm:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

·
shoots! scores!!
1,217 Posts
the R1 has a power band 1.5krpm wider than the gsxr.

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Damn! Look at he kawi :eek:

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
add power commander, full exhaust + few minor accessories and you should be in 180's without RAM air

·
Git er' done
164 Posts
As I stated in a recent ride with a guy on an 04 R1 and me on my 99 R1, we did roll-on tests and each time my 99 would walk away from the 04 and stay there for most of the rev's, its only when the 04 gets a full head of steam up around 9500k to 10000k that it begins to show any advantage power wise. Its super tall gearing also conspires to make it a sluggish roll-on contender, probably dead last this year against its rivals, except maybe the fatty-wagon cbr-RR. I think Yamaha may have put TOO much emphasis on the extreme top end heavy powerband. Oh it will be great and excel at speedways such as Daytona, but on a tighter twistier track, it will have a disadvantage I think. Overall best motor of the bunch has to be that stonking azz Kawasaki. It might be the best overall package for 2004.

·
Registered
326 Posts
;)

Slow roll-ons??, disadvantage until 10000 rpm?? Did anyone think of buying a rear sprocket with two teeth more for $100 bucks?? So I lose 2-4 mph top speed , no big deal, the bike has long legs this time so lots of room for gearing...........then we'll do some roll-ons and see what that new motor can really do.........That's what I'm doing.........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts