Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Graves ~ $1400 - Akrapovic Evo ~ $2400

Forgetting the cost difference, any opinions re the relative differences between them? Specifically, quality and max power?

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
PurpleLion said:

Forgetting the cost difference, any opinions re the relative differences between them? Specifically, quality and max power?
I'm a fan of Akra! I like thier quality and Perf.

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,362 Posts
we need pic we need pics

·
My R1 doesn't say NO
12 Posts
So I just got back from the MI Bike show. Got into a discussion about different exhaust systems for the new girl. And after hearing so much from mostly everyone ... you know everyone who had heard from someone else, even most friends who work at the shops around town, I've been backing the Graves name. At the bike show though I found a person who disagreed with my Graves "preferance". What he was telling me made alot of sense. So in saying that I would have to say don't sell out to the Graves name even though they produce a good system. Just keep in mind that each bike just like each pipe produces different output horsepower. Why else would we dyno. Anyway always keep you're options open.

not that this answered you're initial question but just some input.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
$2400 for the regular race system or the Evolution? $2400 for a full system is sick. Well, I guess two cans would be more expensive than one right. LOL

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
southern118 said:
we need pic we need pics
:iamwithst

Where the hell are the pics of the Akrapovic sys?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
little boy said:
At the bike show though I found a person who disagreed with my Graves "preferance". What he was telling me made alot of sense.
He was saying to wait and check dyno results? Or did he have some inside info?

Akra-1
Akra-2
Akra-3

I think this is the superbike Evo system.

·
No, you can't ride it
604 Posts
I had an Akra on my 2000 R1 and have the Graves slipon for my 04. I really like the Graves more than I thought. The cans are smaller than they seemed in pictures. Both are quality systems. You can't lose either way. But for that big of a price differeence I would get the Graves.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
PurpleLion said:

I had an Akrapovic Evo on my 02'. Loved it!! I think I will be going with Akrapovic again but this time just the slip ons.:thumbup

·
WHO STOLE MY DAM BIKE
515 Posts
i like the tiforce it's the shitt

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
O2LiquidSilverR said:
i like the tiforce it's the shitt
It's being said that the TiForce header has to be removed to access the oil filter.

·
MOTORCYCLE NAZI
2,448 Posts
I had a Graves on my 02 and loved it. Especially for the difference in money... Graves all the way. do you really think you're getting twice the performance/quality with an akra?

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
over_dose said:
I had a Graves on my 02 and loved it. Especially for the difference in money... Graves all the way. do you really think you're getting twice the performance/quality with an akra?
Twice the performance? Not really, just a little more.
Twice the quality? Not really, but a little more.
Better sound? To me yes, but everyone has different taste and opinions.

If you can afford it. Get the Akrapovic, if not, then purchase the Graves.:sneaky

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
Hey R1-Superstart, glad to see that you FINALLY got your '04!

Hey Eyespy, are you going to make your '04 a track bike, or are you going to use it exclusively on the street?

·
I like beer
1,799 Posts
what does a graves system sound like? i've had the akra and i liked it. what would you compare the sound of graves to? anything else on the market i might have heard of?

i don't think a new system is in my immediate plans. this bike is going to be sick and have more power than my last one with all the extras anyway. but maybe next spring the time will come. but i'm not sure i'll be worried about peak hp, probably sound and quality, may just do a slip-on.

·
My R1 doesn't say NO
12 Posts
Hey PurpleLion ... wasn't really saying wait for dyno results, because like i said every r1 has differnet hp and same goes for every graves system produced. More then that the guy was saying ... "just go look what yamaha put on their race bike"

thanks for the pics ...that akra looks nice :p

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
R1Fanatic said:

Hey Eyespy, are you going to make your '04 a track bike, or are you going to use it exclusively on the street?
The plan for now is to keep the 00 as the track bike, and the 04 to take over street riding for the FZR. I will definately run some track sessions with the 04, though, but keep it as a street bike. Well, that's the plan anyway, and you know how plans sometimes have a way of changing... :confused: :sneaky

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
little boy said:
"just go look what yamaha put on their race bike"
Yamaha is using both Akra and Graves!

Also, as I understand it, Graves=Ti-Force=Arata. Therefore, the exhaust will probably have to be removed to change the oil filter with any of them.

·
My R1 doesn't say NO
12 Posts
Graves doen't = arata the pipes are totally engineered differently. But yes you may have to remove both to get to the oil filter.

... and yes yamaha is runnig both but the bike that was at the show had the akra, sorry should have clarified

1 - 20 of 25 Posts