Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rode my 04 for the first time at night man I must say headlights are not designed for night time use. In the corners I mean. Going Straight you can see just fine, but dip it in a turn and you see nothing even with the high beams on. And this was on a highway merge. Other wise everything else about the bike is fine.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I always felt like I couldn't see anything in a corner on my Yzf600r and my '02 R1 even with the hi beams on. Maybe that's a hint that we shouldn't be taking turns at night?

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
04 IN 209 said:
I rode my 04 for the first time at night man I must say headlights are not designed for night time use. In the corners I mean. Going Straight you can see just fine, but dip it in a turn and you see nothing even with the high beams on. And this was on a highway merge. Other wise everything else about the bike is fine.
When are any sportbike headlights good for cornering??:dunno

Perhaps you need more seat time to get used to riding at night?

·
My R1 Eats Cell Phone Cagers
731 Posts
well coming from a 1999 ZX6R with a single head light, i love the R1 lights, there is so much more projection on the head lights, i can see clearly now...ok stop it PyRo.

·
bleedin' blue
178 Posts
Very true, and an issue with the FJR as well.

PIAA 910's work on the FJR but I'm still not sure what to do about the R1...maybe some of those moonlights?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts