Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok its a bit early but it seems like most people are rating the 10R the best 04 literbike.

Looks like the R1 has clearly the best motor which is nice for a change.

The weight is definately helping the Kawi a bit, but even more than that people seem to like its ultra compact 600cc "feel".

People also like its front end and brakes package.

Im not in the market for a new bike ( keeping my 03R1 ) but it would be hard to overlook the Kawi, despite its UGLY appearance.

What do you guys think, would any of you consider purchasing anything but the R1 given the info that has come out so far?

K

·
0 Posts
i think all the bikes are so damn good that i would have to ride them all first in order to make the best decision.

im 6'7" and egros to me are important; i want to get a good feel on the road before i buy my next bike

if i had to buy a bike without testing them all it would be the r1 no doubt, because im absolutly in love with mine, and the new one is that much better.

so for me i might end up with a honda or kawi if they fit me better, but i fell a new red 04 commin

·
Git er' done
164 Posts
I think its a very close competition between all four liter bikes engine wise, sure the honda and gsxr are probably a smidge more torquey because of the smaller bores and longer stroked engines, but the R1 and Kawi seem to be the early outright HP kings. I personally would rate the gixxer last in styling, then the plump and bland honda next, followed by the Kawi (only because it needs an underseat exhaust too) which is miles above any previous Kawi. The R1 is still the best, most exotic looking bike coming from Jap. The one really good thing I have read about the Kawi that will play a part in aggressive riding is the slipper clutch, it will diminish most if not all wheel hop and skidding in the event of a blown corner entry, such as going in a little too hot and botching the gear selection. I think if the reviews make note of the performance increase the slipper gives the Kawi, it might just help a few R1 faithful lean in Kawis favor. There is still the issue of the Kawi's crappy shifting too, which has delayed its release, so that might be a major thing to consider. Overall the Yamaha R1 seems to have everything going for it and nothing to lose, ponies, looks and great handling. Who could ask for anything more?

·
Forum Moderator
32,431 Posts
They all kick A$$! Ill take 1 of each please. :bow

·
What Would Rossi Do?
664 Posts
We'll see who wins superstock... Hmmm R1?

·
^I wish I was that pocketbike!
2,867 Posts
GPD270 said:
They all kick A$$! Ill take 1 of each please. :bow
:iamwithst

but I would make sure to get the Kawi in black.. all the other colors for that bike are :ugh :ugh :ugh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts