Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Micron

daddy do. I had a Micron on my 02, I loved it. I have been in contact with Micron. They have sent me a Dyno that is showing 160 rwhp. That is with the slip-on and no fuel adjustment. Send me your e-mail and I will fwd it to you. I am looking real hard at the C/F Micron slip-on!!!

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Re: Micron

slick said:
daddy do. I had a Micron on my 02, I loved it. I have been in contact with Micron. They have sent me a Dyno that is showing 160 rwhp. That is with the slip-on and no fuel adjustment. Send me your e-mail and I will fwd it to you. I am looking real hard at the C/F Micron slip-on!!!

[email protected]

Thanks

Rhett

·
mmmmm...black bike
1,856 Posts
The Microns look great and sound great. I would get the carbon fibre ones if they have them though :yesnod :thumbup

BTW notice how the turn down spouts are pointed straight back like they are supposed to??:jump Not so on the TiForce!!!!! I would get the Microns!!

Psssst...you can replace the resin in the Microns too :fact

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
I ended up getting mine here in town and it will be here Thursday afternoon. I'm doing a dyno run Thursday (stock) and then doing another Friday with Slip-on and I'm going to break out the cat at the same time. I will post dyno's when I get them... I paid $625.00 for Polished Alum. cans. Micron is making a midpipe to replace the stock one with the cat in it but it's not available yet, and it will run $199.00 ! I would rather remove the cat myself.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
daddy_do_rite said:
[IMG http://www.micronexhausts.com/pages/beta04/img/002_r2_c2.jpg[/IMG]

Hey people,,, I need your Opinion on this pipe !
Looks, performance , etc....
Based on my personal experience with the Micron Scorched TI, I would recomend another style, either brushed (satin) TI or CF :yesnod

When I had one on my 02 it was nothing but headaches keeping it clean, they waterspot/discolor very easily.

The Scorched TI scratches very easily (movement of the clamp bands). If you remove the can, you have to reposition the bands exactly, to cover the scratches (which are highly visible) :rant

They look beautiful (new) but the Scorched TI effect does not hold up well to the elements, or road use :mad:

That was one of the determining factors (less maintenance) in replacing it with the Sato Racing :yesnod

·
Fast Silver
49 Posts
ddr,

just got my polished Microns a couple of days ago--took about two weeks, and I ordered directly from Micron USA (see their website). I'd show pictures mounted, but still waiting on my '04 here in VA.

I can tell you this (this is my third Micron pipe I have owned) The quality and sound are first rate!! You'd be very happy with these pipes.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
juryme said:
ddr,

just got my polished Microns a couple of days ago--took about two weeks, and I ordered directly from Micron USA (see their website). I'd show pictures mounted, but still waiting on my '04 here in VA.

I can tell you this (this is my third Micron pipe I have owned) The quality and sound are first rate!! You'd be very happy with these pipes.
:iamwithst This will be my third Micron also and I have been more than happy with them before......

1 - 15 of 15 Posts