Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok peeps im not sure what I want to do there is three 04 r1s at the local shop and i love the wya they look but there is an 03 that has not even been started yet still has a dry battery in ohio for 3000 dollars cheaper... What to do???? I dont have a lot of money but I want greta performance and from what I can see from the dynos and stuff the 03 actually has abetter mid range hp and torque curve and I am not looking to go 180 mph anytime soon here in roch ny, our roads are way too crappy for that stuff... So what should I go with??? The 03 is the black with the red flames one and I love that paint job, it comes with factory warrenty and i can still get the extended warrenty as well...

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
If you have the means get the 04 you wont regret it :rock :rock

·
Banned
163 Posts
save the 3 grand and get the 03 i had a 03 and now an 04 and aside from the hype and performance that you really cannot use... a nice 03 is just as good. what i mean is its not worth streatching yourself $$$ financially.. if you got the money sure no problem.. but if you can save 3 grand and still have a great bike, then get the 03. its torque and looks will kepp you smiling. i

·
My bikes keep me sane.
5,273 Posts
You'll be very happy with the '03. I wouldn't stretch myself financially to get the '04. $3000 is a big difference.

·
Registered
373 Posts
ccrw said:
save the 3 grand and get the 03 i had a 03 and now an 04 and aside from the hype and performance that you really cannot use... a nice 03 is just as good. what i mean is its not worth streatching yourself $$$ financially.. if you got the money sure no problem.. but if you can save 3 grand and still have a great bike, then get the 03. its torque and looks will kepp you smiling. i
:iamwithst 3 grand is a lot of money. get the 03 (which is brand new anyways) and use the extra 3grand to maybe buy some extra mods? :dunno . Besides, its a Yam can't go wrong dude :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
21,686 Posts
If your new to liter bikes {1000cc's} then for sure go with the
'03. I love my 2003 and get a big grin everytime I sit on it. Yeah,
the '04 would be nice to have, but I can do the samething on my
'03. You can take that 3 grand and put it towards some nice
mods. Hell, just a set of slip-on's for the '04 are going for nearly
$1000.00 and you could get a full exhaust for just about that for
the '03. It's a tough call, but do what your heart tells you.

·
What brand of blinker fluid?
11 Posts
I went with the black/red flames 03 like you described only two weeks ago and, honestly, it's the best looking bike I've seen. It handles great, more power than I'll need for legal pursuits and the discount compared to the 04 makes it a steal.

·
`send it!`
81 Posts
Its funny to see everyone with an 02-03 chime in on this thread... I got my '02 a few weeks ago, already put 1k miles on it. You wont be dissatisfied with either.

-MC

·
AMO
82 Posts
I've only had the chance to ride one 04 and was unable to feel any proformance diffrence, but I did not ride the 04 hard. I have never riddin another bike like my 03.

For 3g's go for the 03...

Kyle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts