Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
2004 R1 with all the bits !!!!
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know when the Acroprovic cans are offically available for the 04 R1 ?

Cheers !

·
2004 R1 with all the bits !!!!
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply my friend ! Look forward to hearing what they say !

Cheers !

Ricky !

·
Registered
782 Posts
They told me to talk to LP. LP hardly knew anything. They think they will get something mid to late Mar. On a German site I found some pictures of stuff for 04s. Slip-ons, slip-ons with midpipe (to remove cat) and the full system that looked like the YART bike system (evo version).

·
Registered
323 Posts
I guess it will be officially available when the info shows up on their website. So far nothing yet. They seem to update it fairly regularly.

www.akrapovic-ai.si

·
Always maintain ONE point
989 Posts
PurpleLion said:
They told me to talk to LP. LP hardly knew anything. They think they will get something mid to late Mar. On a German site I found some pictures of stuff for 04s. Slip-ons, slip-ons with midpipe (to remove cat) and the full system that looked like the YART bike system (evo version).
Can you post the pics or provide a link, please?

·
Registered
782 Posts
There is no way to know whether or not the dyno printout is supposed to be the real deal, but, if it is, it is very interesting. Notice minimal HP gains, but the low rev dip is smoothed out and there are large torque gains. As if the purpose of the design was to smooth out the power delivery in order to make the beast more manageable! In an interview, DiSalvo was saying that at Daytona testing his rear wheel was spinning ~50% of the time. Perhaps the Akra is designed to minimize this on the superbike.

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
PurpleLion said:
Oh no not LP! They suck :butt

·
Administrator
30,475 Posts
LP is the US distributor for Akro.... We've been told Mid to end of March... I'm not sure what the end pricing will be but I was told the full evo ti system retails for $2400.00... I hope that's wrong cause that's pretty high..

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
PurpleLion said:
Here is the link. You will have to navigate to the page since there is no direct link. Click "weiter", click the Akra picture, then click "news".
Yo, thanks!! Now that is what I was looking for. Iknew I was not stupid.

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
NY2NJ said:
Here are some pics I snatched from another site:
[/img]
Now that is what I'm talking about! Akrapovic knows their shit when it comes to building exhaust sytems. Those are so much shorther and cleaner than the Graves and others that I have seen yet!:fact

I guess that's why I always buy Akrapovic.:thumbup

·
Dark Horse
3,031 Posts
r1-superstar said:
Now that is what I'm talking about! Akrapovic knows their shit when it comes to building exhaust sytems. Those are so much shorther and cleaner than the Graves and others that I have seen yet!:fact

I guess that's why I always buy Akrapovic.:thumbup
That's a serious price tag they have on them though.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts