Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Action figure sold separately
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to put the bike up on the PitBull "New Front" stand, but the brake line distribution block is positioned right under the center of the steering stem :confused:

On the pre-02 R1s, there were two separate lines exiting the master cylinder, one to each front caliper, and so the problem was non-existant. :crash

·
268 Posts
I live for those types of problems. It allows me to tell the wife I really really, really, need to get some aftermarket lines because the new bike dosen't work with my stand. What a shame.

PS: I know I whipped- what can I say!! :)

Larry

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
My o3 had the same problem. Lucky for me i found out when i was going to install my new front lines, wheel, and rotors.

Somebody at Yamaha needs a good :2bitchsla on this moment of engineering genius.

·
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
R1Budha said:
My o3 had the same problem. Lucky for me i found out when i was going to install my new front lines, wheel, and rotors.

Somebody at Yamaha needs a good :2bitchsla on this moment of engineering genius.
Did you install two individual lines from the master cyl all the way to the calipers, ie, one line per caliper with two lines exiting the master cyl?

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Eyespy said:
Tried to put the bike up on the PitBull "New Front" stand, but the brake line distribution block is positioned right under the center of the steering stem :confused:

On the pre-02 R1s, there were two separate lines exiting the master cylinder, one to each front caliper, and so the problem was non-existant. :crash
So you mean the hole is blocked? Pics? This also means that my POS LP Alum.. race stand :)lol eyepsy)will not fit either? Hmmm.........

·
Banned
27 Posts
The pre 02 models use a #8 pin the 03 on models use a #8T pin. Get a new pin and you should be ok:)

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
squidwardsR1 said:
The pre 02 models use a #8 pin the 03 on models use a #8T pin. Get a new pin and you should be ok:)
If that's the case, then great! My POS LP race stand came with four different size pins...:p

·
12,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I'll try the 8T pin. I tried it using the #8 pin. Eventually, I'll put in ss braided lines, but I still have to get the bike up on the stand in the meantime. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts