Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
whoa.....
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i have an 04 r1 and it now has 279 miles on it,i was wondering if anyone noticed anything about the chain starting to stretch and getting a little loose so far???

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
krazeekidd80 said:
whats up guys i have an 04 r1 and it now has 279 miles on it,i was wondering if anyone noticed anything about the chain starting to stretch and getting a little loose so far???
Yep, this is normal. You need to adjust it.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
:iamwithst

·
whoa.....
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok cool thanx i wasnt sure if i got a crappy chian with the bike or somethin cuz i used to have an 03 r6 and my chain didnt strech out that bad for the first few hundred miles i rode the thing

·
Ride On
12 Posts
The chain will stretch the most the first 600-800 miles then it will not stretch as much depending on how hard you snap the throttle.[a.k.a.. wheelies you do] also on the new bike the chain needs to be kept at 0.79-0.98 of an inch A little tighter than on the 03.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
krazeekidd80 said:
ok cool thanx i wasnt sure if i got a crappy chian with the bike or somethin cuz i used to have an 03 r6 and my chain didnt strech out that bad for the first few hundred miles i rode the thing
Mmmmm, we are neighbors.:scared

BD

·
whoa.....
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet.... hehe maybe u can see my bike and tell eveyone who doesnt belive on this site that i have a red 04 r1 hehehe

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
krazeekidd80 said:
sweet.... hehe maybe u can see my bike and tell eveyone who doesnt belive on this site that i have a red 04 r1 hehehe
I did see someone riding a red one earlier today with another guy possibly on a red/blk 929?? (not sure though)

BD

·
whoa.....
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where did u see it i was on mccarran blvd with a 2001 red black r1 and 2003r1 thats blue and a2003 black r6 and 2004 red r6 and a 98 blue r1 with polished frame,wheels ect... i had a blue helmet and a dark blue hoodie on if that helps any at all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts