Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peeps, just got through installing my total protection kit from thetankslapper.biz.

One word sums up this seven hour process; "PATIENCE!"

But it looks good. :thumbup

Attachments

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Sweet, Whats the link?

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
1,334 Posts
wow.. man.. you did FANTASTIC work!!!!

What is the secret to "no bubbles" and no dust???

·
Happy Gilmore
624 Posts
Thats a real good idea never would of thought of it .Are they removable if the get nicked up . Do you have a link where you got from?:D

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
ohh my god....thats what i need

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turboR1 said:
Thats a real good idea never would of thought of it .Are they removable if the get nicked up . Do you have a link where you got from?:D
The front fender (2 pieces), headlights (2 pieces), upper cowl (2 pieces), lower cowl (4 pieces), inner "Vee" cowl (4 pieces) are all 3M brand stuff, .6 mil thick. The tank plastic is removeable, (4 pieces).

Here is the link Clear Bra Total Protection Kit

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts

·
Good Times
74 Posts
You did a real nice job and i'm sure it will protect your bike well. I wouldn't have the patience for that. Seems I would have plenty of patience, seeing that I never used any yet.:dunno :dunno

·
Moving sucks...
10,144 Posts
That kit looks great. For anyone with a different bike, or not wanting to do all those different pieces, just buy some 3M Protective Film (Marsee makes a kit, available at bike shops), create a stencil, cut the film and apply it. The greater the number of contours, and the larger the piece, the harder it is to install. Small areas and simple shapes are very easy to do.
The Marsee kit, about $40, comes with a plastic applicator to push out the air bubbles. Clean the bike, spray a solution of 25% rubbing alcohol, 75% water, and it goes on quite easily.
The 3M tape is high quality and requires no maintenance. You can apply wax or polish right on it and it never yellows. It does an incredible job of protecting your paint from abrasions.

·
`send it!`
81 Posts
That looks good. We use that stuff on our race cars. They also use it on helicopter blades hense the name (helicopter tape). You can buy it in the roll and cut it yourself and save a bunch of money.

-MC

·
1,334 Posts
ya but its only 45 dollars... and its PRE CUT ...ITS A HELL OF A DEAL...

Will cost almost that for just a big piece and no PRE shaped stuff.

I ordered mine too.

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
285 Posts
I gotta give props to the tankslapper.biz... I ordered my 3 piece set back in the beginning of Feb... They sent me a set for my bike that fit fine... As you may have read, as I did, recently Eyespy went in to get his bike prototyped for the tankslapper along w/ the Total Protection Kit. Apparently, he re-did the design for the tank protector, because they sent me a new set of the update free of charge... I didn't even call them or anything, they just sent me the new set...

·
1,334 Posts
I hear you.. That LUCAS.. is a GREAT $hit! I've ordered 2 sets from him now.

He's quick, prompt, and at no time does he make you feel like you're not important! He relpies to emails, questions, and anything else you throw at him.. ASAP.

I'd do buisness with him anyday, and my buddies too.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts