Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Damn I love Junior Mints!!!!
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:fact Check out the Two Bros Racing sight for their new slip-ons...the've got a dyno run stock and with cans!!:fork

·
We All Crave More POWER
320 Posts
I sure wish they would put actual numbers on the graph instead of having to put a ruler on the computer screen to try and line up the bars accordingly. It looks like just under 155 stock but who cares what the dyno number puts out (because of ranges). What matters to me is the power difference in the before and after. Not great, but not bad. +6.7HP

·
relaxing
14,115 Posts
snaptaz said:
:fact Check out the Two Bros Racing sight for their new slip-ons...the've got a dyno run stock and with cans!!:fork
Here you go. 2 more hp is not much in my book

Attachments

·
relaxing
14,115 Posts
Dang, i read it wrong too. So about 4hp difference ah?

·
We All Crave More POWER
320 Posts
G1GbaLLeR said:
Bigg-e, learn how to read bud. 152.7 stock. 156.8 with the slip on. Not very impressive. I expected more.
Hey, take it easy on this old man. I didn't have my Misssissippi half-ass reading specticles with me. Let me see here,....oh, damn things looked like a chinese food menu pricing. Musta been hungry.

·
Banned
648 Posts
Buddyluv said:
shouldnt you be busy staring at/caressing your 04? :finger
I'm actually at work:(, and it's raining hard outside...
But,
It is in a trailer out in the parking lot, hahahaha..
I should go out there and and check to see if it's lonely or cold:D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am so glad you guys found some good dyno numbers on the new R1. My buddy the Suzuki bigot has been talkin smack for a week that the new R1 only had 143 Bhp.

·
your mom looks hot
121 Posts
even though two bros sucks and is a poor product that falls apart in short order, you should be looking at gains across the rev range as well as the smoothing of the torque curve. chances are, if you're only focused on top-end power, you don't know how to use it anyway. how can you be dissapointed by a 4-5 HP increase from a slip on?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yeah that is totally true. Focusing on all out horsepower is more of a macho thing then anything else. A stable flickable chassis, suspension, linear (useable) power curve and brakes, are lot more important then all out horsepower. That is why 600's are often very close in track times to the liter bikes.

·
Registered
347 Posts
fastdiablo said:
even though two bros sucks and is a poor product that falls apart in short order, you should be looking at gains across the rev range as well as the smoothing of the torque curve. chances are, if you're only focused on top-end power, you don't know how to use it anyway. how can you be dissapointed by a 4-5 HP increase from a slip on?
Hmmmm. Short order? My Two Bros pipe is 4 years old and looks new and sounds normal for a older pipe that has never been repacked.

Why do you think Two Bros. suck?

·
WUZ-UP !
4,355 Posts
They look good ! I wonder how they sound ?

·
Backmarker
1,998 Posts
4 hp on the top-end isn't great, but as has been said, it's just a slip on, and it really does a nice job at filling in the flat spot at 7k, which I think is much more important than top-end horsepower.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts