Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well dyno'd bike today. went 148.75 and 70.3 tq. ill scan graph tomorrow. only had 42 miles on speedo. made 4 passes. each got stronger. my buddy went got his 04 gixxer 1k with 700 miles. he dyno'd bone stock like me 144 hp and 74 tq. so mines just about in line with sportrider dyno sheets. it has nice little dip at 7500rpm. gonna ride some miles on it.progressive nitrous goes on this week. i was happy. another buds 03 g1l with micron serpent, pc3,bmc filter went like 153 hp and 75 tq. he was pissed. 2000$$ in pipe and commander and cams degreed and only 9 hp more stocker. cant wait to get juice on it! hehehe....

·
'nuff sed
1,085 Posts
Hmmm, me thinks running her that hard without seating the piston rings spells trouble......

·
Until it sleeps
5,432 Posts
ehh...warrenty. 3 year unlimited milage ;) runn'er till she blows!

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i work for dealer, so im not overly concerned. being nitrous is going on it.....warranty is out anyway...if she blows...she blows...ill build another... my 00 R1 was ran same way. not 1 hiccup. so we shall see!!!

·
Real Men Drag Their Right Knee
1,440 Posts
keep-up said:
Hmmm, me thinks running her that hard without seating the piston rings spells trouble......

I got one word for you- MOTORTUNEUSA:thumbup

·
Backmarker
2,000 Posts
Man... I have just two words for you: IN SANE! lol Good luck with that nitrus project. Be sure to post up pics when it's done.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
uwishr1 said:
I got one word for you- MOTORTUNEUSA:thumbup
my exact method. oil was changed prior to dyno runs after nice little 42 mile ride. all in all put 5 miles on dyno making 4 runs. it now has 46.9 miles on it. it kept making more power every run. 1st run it made 146.??, then 147.27, then 147.9 and the it went 148. it will make more power. ill be back to dyno in 2-3 weeks for some more runs and checking to see how much h.p. my nitrous is making. i have 100hp jets in nozzles. no no no .. im not using all of it on stock motor. its easy math. if i want 20 hp. i set progressive controller to 20%. and whatever i want the build time to be. so ill see if 1000 miles if it makes more power... will it last 10k miles. i dunno... my 2000 i just sold only had 4033 miles on it. 1/4 mile at time......hehehe :rock

·
Until it sleeps
5,432 Posts
as the Youngbloodz would say DAMN!

·
Bigger is Better
1,053 Posts
I here ya. I am installing the nitrous on mine now and i had it on my 99 with no problems for 4 years. I ran a 100 shot with no progressive and man it was a kick in the ass. Cant wait till i get it on my 04. Have you started on yours yet? Dry or Wet kit. Wet kit for me.
Dennis

·
Registered
136 Posts
sorry to let ya down

After looking at a dyno chart compared with the GSXR the Yamaha looks weak by comparison....Not to say that it's a bad bike or anything but the Yamaha's only advantage comes AFTER 11,200 RPM...It makes good HP numbers but it's only better for a 1,500 RPM spread....:no

The R1 get's beat by every other bike at every point in the RPM range except for that last 1500 rpm...Not to mention that the Yamaha has the least torque of them all...This will show up bigtime in roll ons and 1/4 mile times....It's easier to get HP than torque...

At one point in the RPM range the R1 is down nearly 15 HP compared to all the other bikes.

For those of you looking at that 1 number thinking "HP king"....think again..By the time you pass 11,200 RPM that GSXR, CBR, and ZX10 is looooong gone...

As beautiful as the R1 is I was dissapointed in the HP and torque curves

·
Banned
3,454 Posts
Then go get a gixxer. If thats all you want is braging rights from 1 to 4 or 5 k rpms go join the gixxer crew. There have been posts that have the 03 1k vs the 04r1 and the 04r1 won 2 out of three times. So stick with your inclusive evidence:crash and go get a busa. maybe then you can "hang" with the big boys. Some advice, its not a good idea to come on the R1-forums and dog the R1 on your very first post. Damn noobs

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
mine will be wet nitrous system with schnitz progressive controller. dont know where im gonna put all that stuff. not much room in trunk!!lol. got to get bike ready to run 60 in class in 2 weeks. time to start fabbing up parts.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)

·
WUZ-UP !
4,367 Posts
keep-up said:
:iamwithst

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
Re: sorry to let ya down

whitesands26 said:
After looking at a dyno chart compared with the GSXR the Yamaha looks weak by comparison....Not to say that it's a bad bike or anything but the Yamaha's only advantage comes AFTER 11,200 RPM...It makes good HP numbers but it's only better for a 1,500 RPM spread....:no

The R1 get's beat by every other bike at every point in the RPM range except for that last 1500 rpm...Not to mention that the Yamaha has the least torque of them all...This will show up bigtime in roll ons and 1/4 mile times....It's easier to get HP than torque...

At one point in the RPM range the R1 is down nearly 15 HP compared to all the other bikes.

For those of you looking at that 1 number thinking "HP king"....think again..By the time you pass 11,200 RPM that GSXR, CBR, and ZX10 is looooong gone...

As beautiful as the R1 is I was dissapointed in the HP and torque curves
Daytona Superstock race kinda proved that wrong didn't it!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts