Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
looks decent... but im a bigger fan of the plate WAY at the back.. not up front hiding all that A$$/pipes.

get rid of those nasty rear signals man... they're HUGE..
jmo
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yammiebender said:
looks decent... but im a bigger fan of the plate WAY at the back.. not up front hiding all that A$$/pipes.

get rid of those nasty rear signals man... they're HUGE..
jmo
Dude, I like small blinkers as well. But as I get older, I think safety first with all these idiots out there. But as I stated above, I like the OEM blinkers with this new body design.
 

Attachments

·
ShInYSiDe <VS> RuBBeRSiDe
Joined
·
1,334 Posts
well.. to each his own.. Good for you.. Nice job though.. VERY CLEAN....

If youre happy.. then everyone else's opinion just dont matter ;)
 

·
FOREVER ON MY GRIND
Joined
·
568 Posts
If you like that look you might as well spend the $90 and buy the Graves fender. I think it would look a little better than your home made job all the while retaining the look you want as far as the rear blinkers go. Just my 2 pennies.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
gbro1201 said:
If you like that look you might as well spend the $90 and buy the Graves fender. I think it would look a little better than your home made job all the while retaining the look you want as far as the rear blinkers go. Just my 2 pennies.
Thanks for your input. I did this because I can't wait for other manufacturers to release their kits. I saw the graves unit. I just think it's rather foolish to spend $93 shipped for a fender elim. bracket.

This is just how I am. I also did my own reverse shift as well. I'm not going to spend a couple hundred $$$ on one from graves or someone else.:thumbup
 

·
FOREVER ON MY GRIND
Joined
·
568 Posts
Well anyway, hows the bike? Your in Utah are you getting any riding in?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gbro1201 said:
Well anyway, hows the bike? Your in Utah are you getting any riding in?
Yeah, snow is all melted now. Still some salt on the roads. Weather is warming up now (50's). The '04 R1 is leaps and bounds above the '02-'03 models. I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for asking. And how about you?
 

·
L8R2U
Joined
·
21,459 Posts
:iamwithst Any added power. And the bracket looks good. I need to do the same. That stock one is fugly!
 

·
FOREVER ON MY GRIND
Joined
·
568 Posts
r1-superstar said:
Yeah, snow is all melted now. Still some salt on the roads. Weather is warming up now (50's). The '04 R1 is leaps and bounds above the '02-'03 models. I LOVE IT!!! Thanks for asking. And how about you?
The dealer still has me waiting. I was the second person to leave a deposit on the blue so I guess whenever they get them in. But when I initially left my deposit my delivery date was not until April 1st anyway so I guess its not late.
 

·
I GOTTA RIDE
Joined
·
166 Posts
R1-SUPERSTAR ,
looks good :yesnod i'm going with the intergator and turn signals in the front running lights :cool: mines running great:rock 1000+ miles on her:riding shes different than my 02 but seems to run much better:scared and handles better with less input almost automatic:thumbup my 02 is full race now with reverse shift thanks for your tip on the 04:bow but how did you remove the cadilac converter:dunno










:fork :bow
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
R1SRUNS said:
R1-SUPERSTAR ,
looks good :yesnod i'm going with the intergator and turn signals in the front running lights :cool: mines running great:rock 1000+ miles on her:riding shes different than my 02 but seems to run much better:scared and handles better with less input almost automatic:thumbup my 02 is full race now with reverse shift thanks for your tip on the 04:bow but how did you remove the cadilac converter:dunno :fork :bow
Thanks for the compliment on the reverse shift. To remove the catalytic converter, view this thread: Remove Cat
 

·
Arr Wun.
Joined
·
248 Posts
r1-superstar said:
3

And I took the catalytic converter out.
Are you planning on remapping after doing this? is it necessary to remap?
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top