Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Ebay scammer. I emailed him about the bike and here is the response. Not that I would ever believe this crap, just thought I would see what his reply would be to my question. I think the item has since been removed!

Hello there,

Thanks for your email.

First of all I want to thank you for contact me and your interest in my bike. I know that are numerous offers on eBay and I'm glad that you choose to contact me regarding your willingness to purchase.
I have for sale two bikes:

2003 Yamaha YZF-R1 3200 USD
2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 3390 USD

I am a private seller not a shop and I have (for the moment) the privilege to buy these items for low cost so that you have the opportunity to purchase from me a great saving from the original price.
The bike is brand new, completely working, 0 miles and with 3 years EXTENDED, INTERNATIONAL and TRANSFERABLE warranty and will be honored at any dealer in your country. All the manuals and the original documentation are written in eight languages. You will receive your bike in 4-5 working days by FedEx at your home address. It is insured in case of damage and it take 4-5 days to be delivered at your DOOR. The title is clear and you will register it in your country. I send all my items having written on them ''gift'' so you don't have to pay any additional taxes. I will send you the item with all the papers (warranty, insurance etc. ...) .
The shipping costs and the insurance taxes of the package will be down to me and you only pay for the money transfer commission when you wire the funds, which is about 4% from the total amount sent. The unit is being shipped from Germany and you wont have to pay for customs or any additional taxes when it arrive in your country. There may be some customs for you to pay, but if you wish we can avoid them: you'll declare you send money to a friend and I will declare the shipping as a gift/donation.

The payment is fully refundable. if for any reason you do not accept the bike or if the bike has scratches, hidden defects, or it is not as advertised. I will even pay for the shipping back to my location if you reject the bike but since it is a state of the art bike and works and looks perfectly I think it would not get to this.

Please let me know if you are interested and which bike you want and I will provide you further information to purchase the bike asap.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Notice the urgency to try to get your money asap!:finger :bash

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well well

When you tell it's to good to be true it's probably too good and not true.

Seem lik a trick to grab your money.

Could't beleive that.

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
:bs

·
Beeeeeer!
9,542 Posts
Man , if your going to scam some one do it right and get your shit straight.

·
Banned
1,285 Posts
can't believe it...i just wonder whats goiing through his damm mind

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You have got to be kidding me. And I dont think you can get a warranty on a yamaha for a period of 3 years. I thought it was one year and the option to buy yes which would leave you with 4 years. And does Fed Ex deliver bikes?:crash Anybody that would attempt to buy that shouldnt even be riding a bike!

·
Banned
11 Posts
THAT GUY NEEDS TO HUNG FROM HIS BALLZ!! PEOPLE CAN BE SO DUMB! SOMEBODY NEEDS TO EMAIL HIM AND TELL WE WILL SELL HIM PICTURES OF HIS WIFE FOR $3400.00 AND THEY'RE O4 MODELS!!

WETODDIT!!!:fork :boom :dunno :iamwithst :butt :beer :beer

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,870 Posts
:lol

You'd think the scammers would make these auctions a little more believable...

- BA

·
Yamaha
91 Posts
Dude, tell him you'll take BOTH and that what a coincidence but you do business in Germany once a month so you'll just stop by his place and pick them up and pay him cash. I'm curious to see what he says. Scumbag.

-ant

·
all you need in life
1,911 Posts
oh brother, it gets so tiring, its the same exact layout of the scammer emails :no

·
Look out for what truck????
258 Posts
These guys aren't actually posting an auction. They pull the e-mail addys from people who are bidding on bikes, then send them an e-mail with the scam. For them to get the addy's though I think they have to have an e-bay account.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts