Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
04 R1 Front Sprocket?

Does anybody know if you can use the sprocket off any of the other R1 models? Were 98-03 all the same sprocket? I want to get a 16 tooth for mine, and was wondering if I can just get one from another year. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
Just order one for an 04, I'm going to....

The only thing I'm wondering is..... The front wheel coming off the ground at 120 mph right now with the stock gearing is pretty mind boggling, what's going to happen when we gear it a little lower. 140 mph power wheelies.... :) :) :) I can't wait.............

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R1LOVER said:
Just order one for an 04, I'm going to....

The only thing I'm wondering is..... The front wheel coming off the ground at 120 mph right now with the stock gearing is pretty mind boggling, what's going to happen when we gear it a little lower. 140 mph power wheelies.... :) :) :) I can't wait.............
I just saw on www.sprocketcenter.com that they have an AFAM sprocket for $20. Might order that. I was just wondering if any other R1 sprockets would fit, because I can probally find one from a somebody for dirt cheap, but $20 isn't a big deal and I heard AFAM's are pretty good quality. As for power wheelies at 140...Well we will just have to wait and see.:crash :eek:

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
On2Wheels said:
I just saw on www.sprocketcenter.com that they have an AFAM sprocket for $20. Might order that. I was just wondering if any other R1 sprockets would fit, because I can probally find one from a somebody for dirt cheap, but $20 isn't a big deal and I heard AFAM's are pretty good quality. As for power wheelies at 140...Well we will just have to wait and see.:crash :eek:
Hey thanks I'll check it out

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes, a previous R1 16 tooth front sprocket should fit. I have one ready to go as soon as my bike gets here......... probably tomorrow.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Greg Crowe said:
Yes, a previous R1 16 tooth front sprocket should fit. I have one ready to go as soon as my bike gets here......... probably tomorrow.
Cool you should post back up here when you do and let us know if it does or not. Thanks and congrats on your new 04.

·
Long live the King
37 Posts
The previous year R1 front sprockets DO fit. I put a 16 tooth sprocket on the front of my '04 yesterday morning.
Piece of cake.

Steve

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YellowFever said:
The previous year R1 front sprockets DO fit. I put a 16 tooth sprocket on the front of my '04 yesterday morning.
Piece of cake.

Steve
Right on. Good to know. How does it feel with the new sprocket on? Can you feel a differance? Good/Bad?? Is it worth doing it? Sorry for all the ?'s but I am really curious about this. Thanks.:thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts