Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'04 R1 Garage Door Opener Mod, Done!!
Okay, I just installed my garage door opener on my '04 R1. It came out pretty good and took all but 20 minutes to do.

Here is the remote...

·
Powered By YamahaR1 Technology
2,340 Posts
hey r1-superstar... i was just looking at your from line.. where is Mormonville????

btw.. great job on the remote.. now all you need is a NOS sticker for that location.. hahaha..

IXI

·
Full Time Post Whore
9,058 Posts
hwo the hell do you guys make those? Do you go out and buy just a remote and then make some kind of a switch? I would love to do that to mine....

Can someone give me some steps on how to do this? I can buy one of those key chain garage door openers...BTW...my garage opener is GENE or something like that

·
The fastest Colour!!!
309 Posts
I want to do this as well... Help us brothers!!!

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Maxxym said:
hwo the hell do you guys make those? Do you go out and buy just a remote and then make some kind of a switch? I would love to do that to mine....

Can someone give me some steps on how to do this? I can buy one of those key chain garage door openers...BTW...my garage opener is GENE or something like that
Here is the link: Clicky

The switch I purchased from Radio Shack. I did not run a 12volt line to my motorcycle battery. I kept it simple. Used the remote and the remote battery. I'll change it when necessary.

I mounted the switch and remote where I did so that I did not have wires running all over the place. KISS Keep It SImple Stupid.:thumbup

·
Full Time Post Whore
9,058 Posts
dude you rule!! This is exactly what I needed...

Home Depot here I come.....going to get me new garage opener tteeheh

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maxxym said:
dude you rule!! This is exactly what I needed...

Home Depot here I come.....going to get me new garage opener tteeheh
The one pictured is exactly the same one I have. It's a Genie model. Good luck...............

P.S. LMK if you need any help in the process.:thumbup

·
Full Time Post Whore
9,058 Posts
yup.. thats the one I will buy.. I got a Genie opener...this one will work with my opener heheheh

I can't wait to do this thing!!!

·
1000 miles, No Problem!
2,100 Posts
I love how clean the look of a seperate switch is on yours is, Ill be doing that to my next one for sure.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts