Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Alright peeps. FINALLY!!! After about 45 minutes of contiplating, I decided that I was still in love with the blue....

Here's the story, the guy who had his deposit on this one thought and was unhappy the it was not outfitted with the Michelins. So he did not take delivery (two weeks now).

So I was down there picking up a pair of off-road gloves and caught wind that this one was still there. And now it's home with me.:beer

·
"IM BACCCCK"
5,530 Posts
congrats bro looks good
looks like all your bikes r blue

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And the Scotts rotary damper will not fit. The damper itself lines up great on the tripple calmp, but the bracket that mounts to the frame does not match up. So the damper is for sale.

·
Moving Chicane
768 Posts
r1-superstar said:
And the Scotts rotary damper will not fit. The damper itself lines up great on the tripple calmp, but the bracket that mounts to the frame does not match up. So the damper is for sale.
NO!! Dont sell the damper, just get the new damper mount from Scott's. They normally are around $120. They may not have one yet but should soon.

Now if you like the stock location, the Ohlins 68mm stroke damper will work in place of the stock one with the correct mount kit. So if that is your preferred option, then do sell.

BTW, do they not make that SUV in blue?? lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Congratulations on the new ride...was out walking last night and came across a red 04, - first time I'd seen one that wasn't a photo...I was very impressed.
Nice stable by the way.

·
Moving Chicane
768 Posts
r1-superstar said:
:lol HaHa! And to think I was getting the silver R1 until three hours ago. My other car (Matrix) is silver as well.
Sounds like we have the same color delema going on.

I had a sonic blue Cobra but it was bought back and I got a silver Cobra which just got stolen. Had a silver Z06 (couldn't find the electron blue around) and a silver Tahoe in 02 so I got the liquid silver 02, swapped with a guy for the blue, and am looking at a blue R1 but like the silver too. To replace the Cobra I think my next car has to be blue!

All life's choices should bee so tough :lol

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
r1-superstar said:
Yep, I do.......:D
And also change your avatar... :D

Congrats man! :thumbup

Great color choice too. :jump

·
PWN3R
1,364 Posts
Lucky mfker

·
Have you been bitten yet?
937 Posts
NICE! Im glad you went with the blue 10X better looking than the drab silver. You going to the daytona party saturday?

·
Have you been bitten yet?
937 Posts
Piper Down 1492 s State. Starts at 8 am 5 bucks to get in Racing on 3 tv's, raffles, free breakfast burritos when doors open. Bar opens at 10 must be 21 to enter. Its being put on by the Utah SportBike Association last year they gave away quite a few prizes. Ill be there and hope to see you and any other Utah guys on here too!

·
Nice
106 Posts
Gotta say that I prefer the blue too. Did you pick that one up at SVM? Cause I actually went down and took a look at it this past week. I was about to jump through some hoops to buy it. Then I realized that I'm not working so I couldn't afford it! lol

Congrats man

1 - 20 of 25 Posts