Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha R1
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 04 R1 and need some help with some aftermarket mods. Right now I'm lost and looking for suggestions for performance and appearance mod.

My R1 has -1 on the front sprocket and -1 on the rear, power commander V fuel mod, dyno jet quick shifter,12inch extended rear arm, air ride suspension, white led under glow lights on rear arm, gutted y pipe with aftermarket exhaust, rear signal delete, integrated led taillight, led tag lights.

Please anyone have any ideas or suggestions. Also I'm getting ready to wash my bike wat are some good cleaners that will make it shine as well as the rims. Please everyone chime in I wanna hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle fairing Automotive exterior
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Vehicle Mode of transport Automotive tire Car Tire
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha R1
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank ya, this is the first r1 I've owned so I've tried my best with it.

Would you know where I could get a stock swing arm cause I thought about switching back but havnt been able to find one.

·
Premium Member
12,461 Posts
OEM swingarms are all over eBay for cheap. I bought one from eBay and it’s working just fine.

I’d raise the suspension also. Those tires look very old too.

I’m not bashing. Just giving my opinion. The paint ain’t my style but it does look good.

·
Registered
2004 Yamaha R1
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DarkHorse your good. im looking for input like that cause the more I can get the more ideas I get for how I would want to style and mod my bike. Any and all suggestions and opinions are more than welcome here.

I have been shopping for tires but Im not sure what brands are better than others in the means of durability and traction. Do you have a favorite brand that you would suggest.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,569 Posts
That bike looks like it was in the McoyMotorsports catalog. Yeah, I said it.

Seriously, It looks like it was in the 'ol SuperStreetbike magazine.

I like the old looking customs. If you want a better ride give the hollywood treatment..nip n tuck back to stock form.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts