Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:

Why is it that on the internet, mainly forums, that when someone says they have a problem with their Motorcycle, everyone else seems (all of a sudden) to have it the same time?

I hear about high temps, clutch problems, etc............Are they just paranoid, inexperienced with Motorcycles, or just plain clueless?

I don't want to piss anyone off here, (because I like all my forum buddies/gals) but seriously. What gives?? :dunno

Anyone care to respond or feel the same way I do??

This also happens on another website I frequent; www.thumpertalk.com:confused:

·
OUT4FUN
132 Posts
i think you are right... i have had zero, 0, prob's with my bike as of yet and i don't see any in the future... prob due to noob status with bikes is my guess...

·
2001 R6 / 2004 R1
168 Posts
typical problem with forums.... any tool can get on it and say what ever they want.. and no one (usually) questions their validity. People also have a tendency to jump on bandwagons to feel part of the 'group'.. etc..

This is why everything said on a forum has to be taken with a grain of salt, even if it is from someone with a high post count.

btw - My dealer called and should be picking up a red 04 tomorrow or the day after that =)

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vegas 01 R6 said:
typical problem with forums.... any tool can get on it and say what ever they want.. and no one (usually) questions their validity. People also have a tendency to jump on bandwagons to feel part of the 'group'.. etc..

This is why everything said on a forum has to be taken with a grain of salt, even if it is from someone with a high post count.

btw - My dealer called and should be picking up a red 04 tomorrow or the day after that =)
I'm glad you two agree with me. :thumbup

And congrats on the good news. Post pics when she arrives.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
r1-superstar said:
:confused:

Why is it that on the internet, mainly forums, that when someone says they have a problem with their Motorcycle, everyone else seems (all of a sudden) to have it the same time?

I hear about high temps, clutch problems, etc............Are they just paranoid, inexperienced with Motorcycles, or just plain clueless?

I don't want to piss anyone off here, (because I like all my forum buddies/gals) but seriously. What gives?? :dunno

Anyone care to respond or feel the same way I do??

This also happens on another website I frequent; www.thumpertalk.com:confused:

I'm with ya superstar.... I think there all rumors and B.S.

After seeing the age post thread, most of these guys are still kids and learning on an R1................. And on another thread theres a bunch getting high and riding....... That could be your answer? there smokin dope and posting on the forum........:dunno

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: 04' R1 Problems!!

R1LOVER said:
I'm with ya superstar.... I think there all rumors and B.S.

After seeing the age post thread, most of these guys are still kids and learning on an R1................. And on another thread theres a bunch getting high and riding....... That could be your answer? there smokin dope and posting on the forum........:dunno
Thanks; I see you are still posting in that clutch problem thread. I just left it alone already. Too much "DRAMA.":lol

·
Dark Horse
3,075 Posts
Re: Re: Re: 04' R1 Problems!!

r1-superstar said:
Thanks; I see you are still posting in that clutch problem thread. I just left it alone already. Too much "DRAMA.":lol
I hear ya super, but what clutch problem thread are you referring to? Got a link?

·
Dark Horse
3,075 Posts
Re: Re: 04' R1 Problems!!

R1LOVER said:
And on another thread theres a bunch getting high and riding....... That could be your answer? there smokin dope and posting on the forum........:dunno
:lol I seem to be missing all the good threads :epimp :bandit.

·
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
285 Posts
I guess I'm a noob w/ the clutch problem... Nevermind that my past 3 other bikes never did it... Including my 02 R1... I can't believe that you would imply that all of us are inexperienced or clueless... It's not difficult to tell that it's not right... When your RPM's don't drop quick, and you can't shift, then it's a problem... Consider yourself blessed that you don't have any problems...

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Liquid-R1 said:
I guess I'm a noob w/ the clutch problem... Nevermind that my past 3 other bikes never did it... Including my 02 R1... I can't believe that you would imply that all of us are inexperienced or clueless... It's not difficult to tell that it's not right... When your RPM's don't drop quick, and you can't shift, then it's a problem... Consider yourself blessed that you don't have any problems...
You forgot paranoid. :hellobye

·
Registered
261 Posts
I with liquid on this. If there is something wrong with the clutch, ie. I pull my clutch in and it does not engage, and my rpms remain at 6500, but I have the clutched pulled all the way in, then there is a problem. You are just fortunate that you don't have this problem, but a lot of us do. This forum is for people to talk about their R1, so if there is a problem and somebody brings it up, and 20 other people have the same problem, well then they are going to talk about it. That is what this site is for, so it is not jumping on the Bandwagon, we are just simply discussing a problem that a lot of us appear to have with the clutch.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Ok, let's not get too fanatical about the R1... I know it's nice to dream that the 1 is flawless, but come back to reality please.. it's a machine.... and even yamaha can make a lemon.

Geeeeeeeeesh!!

·
Arr Wun.
248 Posts
On2Wheels said:
I with liquid on this. If there is something wrong with the clutch, ie. I pull my clutch in and it does not engage, and my rpms remain at 6500, but I have the clutched pulled all the way in, then there is a problem. You are just fortunate that you don't have this problem, but a lot of us do. This forum is for people to talk about their R1, so if there is a problem and somebody brings it up, and 20 other people have the same problem, well then they are going to talk about it. That is what this site is for, so it is not jumping on the Bandwagon, we are just simply discussing a problem that a lot of us appear to have with the clutch.
I agree with On2Wheels here. If your gunna flame someone because they wanna try to figure out a problem and talk to other r1 owners on the forum about it, then you need a few of these :2bitchsla - because thats partly what these forums are for.

·
#28 of ?
132 Posts
I wasn't going to say anything about the clutch issues I have also been having lately but I'm a bit disturbed by some people here who somehow feel the need to be everything else but helpful. Shifting, specifically downshifting has become more difficult over the past 100 miles, I have about 350 now. I have also noticed that when in first gear without the motor running, when I pull in the clutch to push my bike, it no longer rolls like it did before. Now I have to push through a sticking point before it rolls. And this now happens everytime. I have adjusted the clutch with no results, not that I thought that would actually accomplish anything. Basically, the smooth clutch that stood out in my mind when I first rode it no longer exists. It's become more work to shift and this is just not right. And this stood out long before I started reading about other people having the same problem here.

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
I don't think people with bad clutches, bike running hot etc are being paranoid or "newbies". Instead of bashing them and labelling them inexperienced or what not, we should try to see if it's a trend that should be adressed by Yamaha. I hope your bike runs like a champ for as long as you own it, but what if you run into problems in the long run and people like me call you a squid newbie. :D:pD

1 - 20 of 53 Posts