Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddie of mine just got a 04 R1. He told me today that the vibration is extremely bad. His hands are going numb after only about 15 minutes of riding. Anyone else heard of this on the 04 R1? If so, how do you fix the problem?

·
OG Moderator
996 Posts
RUFFSTUFF said:
No problems here... smooth as a silk sportbike can be...

Probably cos you just park it at Applebees :p

j/k

·
Wheelies for boobs!
3,992 Posts
45° Please said:
Probably cos you just park it at Applebees :p

j/k

Hey now I have over 2200 miles on her now..... that would be a hella lotta laps at Applebees!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VPREATR said:
redneckJ:
I haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary, what machine did he own prior?

Thanks!
He has never owned a bike before, this is his first bike. I know, let the lashing begin.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
redneckJ said:
He has never owned a bike before, this is his first bike. I know, let the lashing begin.
That's his problem. First bike and does not know the proper way to saddle up. Tell him not to grab onto the clip-ons to tight, be relaxed. Put the bulk of his weight on his butt and feet squeezing the tank with his knees.

·
You sure got a perty mouth
179 Posts
Have him increase the weight in the bar ends. The increase weight will change the frequency in which the bars vibrate.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
hoist-it said:
Have him increase the weight in the bar ends. The increase weight will change the frequency in which the bars vibrate.
The '04 R1 clip-ons don't vibrate as much as the previous years. It's his riding position.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bar ends

I know the R1 bar ends are threaded into the clip ons. FZ1 bar ends are threaded into the factory bars too. But, does anyone know if the two will interchance. the FZ1 bar ends are much heaver. If i get a chance this weekend I will find out for sure. If not, who makes the heavest bar ends that will work on a 04 R1?

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
No problems here :hellobye

1 - 17 of 17 Posts