Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I moved my o4 r1 from california to illinois recently. It was lying idle for almost a month before that. Now i am not able to start it. When i press the starter button the engine cranks but no life. After a few cranks i get a whirring noise from under the seat.
A dealer told me it could be because of stale gas since the bike has been standing idle for this long..!

Any help is appreciated.

·
The Original One
2,290 Posts
I annually store my bike for 2 months and always fill the tank up to avoid rust in the tank. Never had a problem with using that gas after the two months. Its over 1 UK pound a litre in the UK now!

I would give the battery a full charge and try again, sounds a bit down on power.

·
M.R.2.R1s
21 Posts
Does it continue to crank or just stop and you get a buzzing noise? If it is the later you need to just charge the battery. If the gauges are blinking while you are trying to start it then that is even more proof it is the bat.

·
My R1 eats my gurda
423 Posts
hmm i think you have to charge it on sloowwww charge and it takes long time..

it shouldnt be shot.. but if you can find one for cheap go ahead and take it (shipping is always trouble, harzardous stuff inside...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.