Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the deal with the 04 R1? Every page and article I have found on it states 180 hp at 12,500 RPM. This cant be right... Am i missing something? Someone please clear me on this, I have looked everywhere and everywhere says the same... 180 HP STOCK?! :confused: Can that be?

If I cant find anything, I will go to the dealer and ask for details...

TIA.

·
My R1 has a little weiner
485 Posts
That's at the crank with 150mph worth of air pressure in the air box. Typical bloated manufacture #'s.:crash

·
2,162 Posts
Andy29 said:
That's at the crank with 150mph worth of air pressure in the air box. Typical bloated manufacture #'s.:crash
:iamwithst :yesnod

only time will truly tell.... nonetheless, an impressive machine.....

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I saw that "WITH RAM AIR" statement... But couldn't find any further info... I know manufacturer's increase numbers to increase hype... I really want to know what the real numbers are going to be...

·
My R1 has a little weiner
485 Posts
non-ricer said:
i dont think anyone has tested it yet in terms of mags... anyways, i dont believe most of the mags anyway.....
If you don't believe the mags what do you go by Non-Ricer?:yesnod

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
I would guess around 160 at the rear also ;)

·
Official One Liter TLR Eater!
393 Posts
i read 180 at the crank with RAM air, 170 w/o RAM air. Figure 15% loss at the wheel...so what does that leave? Any given day a bike can vary 10hp so what does this number really matter in the first place? I'll go by my butt dyno :)

·
Banned
163 Posts
180 is just what they are boasting to get you to do just what you are doing??? be puzzled and curious. its pre market hype.. i dont think it will put out much more than 150 ish @ the rear which is plenty for street riding.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I predict 150-155 at the wheel with the typical 20hp loss from crank to wheel which 98-03 R1's typically had.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts