Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ah the joys of the twisties
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well seen it today for the first time and have to say it didn't float my boat I'm afraid.Front end looks ok but not sold on the rear,maybe I'm just jealous but IMHO there's no way that the 04 is as good looking as the 02/03.:yesnod

·
WUZ-UP !
4,355 Posts
gwh13usmc said:
Your in denial !!!!!!!!!
I hope you know how to swim !:lol :confused: :confused: :crash

But i wouldn't say it look better than my lil blue '02

·
1000rr.net Moderator
2,087 Posts
I know im going to flamed for this one, but im not a fan of the new R1 either.
I might go and get the Honda 1000 RR and have the eruo skins put on. Don't worry, Im still going to keep my 1 as well.

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
D3LS M said:
Well seen it today for the first time and have to say it didn't float my boat I'm afraid.Front end looks ok but not sold on the rear,maybe I'm just jealous but IMHO there's no way that the 04 is as good looking as the 02/03.:yesnod
We all have our own opinions. I personally like the look of the new 04' R1. And the increased power, better efi, lighter wheel, etc. all make me happy.

·
Ah the joys of the twisties
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: 04! sorry guys not for me.

r1-superstar said:
We all have our own opinions. I personally like the look of the new 04' R1. And the increased power, better efi, lighter wheel, etc. all make me happy.
Hey truth be told if I had the cash and not bought 2 yes 2 R1's last year I would have one aswell.:cryin

·
Achieving Ground Superiority
120 Posts
I think that as a whole, the '04 is an improvement over the '02/'03. However, I do like the '02/'03's tail section better than the '04. NOT the exhaust, but the way the '02/'03's tail is squared and not pointy. The pointy tail is my only gripe with the '04.

·
Registered
364 Posts
JOEROKE said:
I know im going to flamed for this one, but im not a fan of the new R1 either.
I might go and get the Honda 1000 RR and have the eruo skins put on. Don't worry, Im still going to keep my 1 as well.

I think the 1000rr is almost as ugly as the gsxr. The 600rr looks much better I don't know what honda was thinking with that plastic looking fairing.

·
wanna B on the Track
1,249 Posts
when i heard honda was finally coming out with a 1000. i was thinking long and hard about it.... now i wouldn't.. i've seen both and haven't really heard any rave reviews on the 1000.. i'll wait till next year after i graduate MMI and buy me an 05 R-ONE

·
Registered
237 Posts
D3LS M said:

:bandit I see you've been smokin' some of that good shyt !

·
THA 1
110 Posts
In my opinion, out of the new 04 liter bikes, the r1 has the total package. Kawi might edge in power a little bit but it doesn't have the looks. The new Honda?....which one is the 1000 again? Oh i thought that was the 600rr.

·
Transmission Abuser.
1,571 Posts
D3LS M said:
You're just jealous :fact Trying to justify NOT owning an 04 to yourself :fact Admit it - you want one ! :lol

·
Mad Scientist
555 Posts
I'm not sure about you guys but I love my 04' R1. I know there might be faster bikes coming out soon but there are reasons why I did'nt get them, believe me I have the money! I like the way it looks, I like the rep it has as a good looking ride, Yamaha has always been refined in their bikes. Honda is a good bike but they never seam to have the lightest and you have to buy some HRC kit to make it fast, and Kawi is good, my dream bike is a '91-92' ZX7RR, but the ZX10 is too late and too ugly for my taste.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts