Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2004 Blue R1
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed after a few months with the Graves exhaust on my 2004 R1, the tail light is starting to turn yellowish... Has anyone run into this?

Thx
Kevin

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ohhh yeah, it's a bastard to remove.... spent along time polishing it off until I found Spray Nine. A nice coat of Spray Nine and the yellow crap comes off in the stream of liquid like magic, you'll wonder where it's been your entire life.

·
Downunder wonder
62 Posts
I use autosol (a fine soft metal polish) and it works fine, what doesn't work fine is the heat fractures in the lense. its pretty much rooted. It seems interesting that the heat fractures are above the left exhaust if the bike is on the side stand. I will edit with pictures real soon.

that was quick

·
Registered Adrenaline Junkie
2,490 Posts
Ohhh yeah, it's a bastard to remove.... spent along time polishing it off until I found Spray Nine. A nice coat of Spray Nine and the yellow crap comes off in the stream of liquid like magic, you'll wonder where it's been your entire life.
Its the stuff dreams are made out of... :lol I swear by it... Kills Herpes I & II in 45 seconds too...

:fact

(wait for it, wait for it...) :corn

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
:yuk::lol

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
I have a stock exhaust and it hasn't discolored-I wonder if that has something to do with it.

·
RDNHRD
1,113 Posts
Stock or aftermarket exhaust will cause this. The undertail exhaust exits into a low pressure area behind the bike causing it to get sucked back towards you while you are in motion. It is the same reason your leathers and clothes smell like exhaust more than if you had a bike where the exhaust is to the side.

I use any type of wax cleaner to get the exhaust residue off of the tail light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.