Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best way to cut the bottom portion of tail section below the license plate? That has definitely got to go now! What have others done?

· Cheating death in the "D"
21,182 Posts
fastlife said:
What would be the best way to cut the bottom portion of tail section below the license plate? That has definitely got to go now! What have others done?
Roto-Zip, higher RPM's & cleaner cut, smooth cut with sand paper than scotch brite, final step is Mothers - Back to Black :thumbup

Added touch to make it look professional - apply black door edge guard to cut-off area :yesnod

· Take me to your leader!
85 Posts
Re: Re: 04' Tail Section Mod!

rorlow said:
Roto-Zip, higher RPM's & cleaner cut, smooth cut with sand paper than scotch brite, final step is Mothers - Back to Black :thumbup

Added touch to make it look professional - apply black door edge guard to cut-off area :yesnod
:iamwithst This is exactly what I did, minus the scotch brite and Mothers. Looks good too!

· R-Neo
661 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rorlow
Roto-Zip, higher RPM's & cleaner cut, smooth cut with sand paper than scotch brite, final step is Mothers - Back to Black

Added touch to make it look professional - apply black door edge guard to cut-off area
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
uhh i dont think i follow your method...post some pics or any other fourms that show this...thanks

· Anyone see a Honda I'm hungry
748 Posts
Big Daddy said:
and where would you mount the plate??

BD
Lift rear seat , remove 4 allen head bolts , disconnect a few wires and the whole thing falls out . Use plastic plugs to fill in holes . Tag bracket relocation...Cut small bracket from sheetmetal , bend and mount between rear pegs using the two snap in fasteners that Yamaha so graciously put there . Done .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.