Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best way to cut the bottom portion of tail section below the license plate? That has definitely got to go now! What have others done?

·
OUT4FUN
132 Posts
i used a hack saw... untill i get some led's for the blinkers and make a bracket for the plate what is left will stay...

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,086 Posts
fastlife said:
What would be the best way to cut the bottom portion of tail section below the license plate? That has definitely got to go now! What have others done?
Roto-Zip, higher RPM's & cleaner cut, smooth cut with sand paper than scotch brite, final step is Mothers - Back to Black :thumbup

Added touch to make it look professional - apply black door edge guard to cut-off area :yesnod

·
Take me to your leader!
85 Posts
Re: Re: 04' Tail Section Mod!

rorlow said:
Roto-Zip, higher RPM's & cleaner cut, smooth cut with sand paper than scotch brite, final step is Mothers - Back to Black :thumbup

Added touch to make it look professional - apply black door edge guard to cut-off area :yesnod
:iamwithst This is exactly what I did, minus the scotch brite and Mothers. Looks good too!

·
Registered
367 Posts
What about unscrewing it and taking it off completly? Yamaha makes it pretty easy to do this. Much easier than most other bikes.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
04R1inMD said:
What about unscrewing it and taking it off completly? Yamaha makes it pretty easy to do this. Much easier than most other bikes.
and where would you mount the plate??

BD

·
R-Neo
669 Posts
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by rorlow
Roto-Zip, higher RPM's & cleaner cut, smooth cut with sand paper than scotch brite, final step is Mothers - Back to Black

Added touch to make it look professional - apply black door edge guard to cut-off area
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
uhh i dont think i follow your method...post some pics or any other fourms that show this...thanks

·
Anyone see a Honda I'm hungry
749 Posts
Big Daddy said:
and where would you mount the plate??

BD
Lift rear seat , remove 4 allen head bolts , disconnect a few wires and the whole thing falls out . Use plastic plugs to fill in holes . Tag bracket relocation...Cut small bracket from sheetmetal , bend and mount between rear pegs using the two snap in fasteners that Yamaha so graciously put there . Done .

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts