Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On start up my idle goes straight to 1500 then as it gets warm it goes to 2000 then almost 3 and stays there as well as the idle will hang a little and drop back down to the high idle.iv searched this forum and read every thread I could on similar problems and nothing has changed.my cable routing is correct with a brand new motion pro cable.none of the hoses are disconnected missing or have holes or cracks in them.throttle body intake boots don't have any cracks or holes either.The radiator has no bubbles in it at all and is topped off.the throttle is not sticking.i have no clue what else it could be any ideas?

·
Registered
50 Posts
It acts in the same way it appears as when the choke is left on, on a carburetted bike, I presume it is an injected bike, so maybe the sensor that detects water temp is not working, so it doesn't recognise when the bike is warm and reduces the fuel ..is the water temp sensor contacts clean, can you test the sensor in any way maybe get a resistance value when cold and hot and check it?
Just a thought ,

·
Registered
2 Posts
+1 to the above post. Sticky intake manifolds could also contribute so if you take it apart check your air filter for cleanliness and make sure the intake manifold isn’t covered in grime from an over lubricated filter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so where is the water temp sensor located on a 04 r1? Also everything is clean no grime

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I see its on the block its green but hard af to get too.but wouldn't it throw a code if that sensor wasn't working

·
Registered
50 Posts
So I see its on the block its green but hard af to get too.but wouldn't it throw a code if that sensor wasn't working
Hi I am not sure if this would give a code, maybe a code would show up if plugged to a diagnostic, if you can get to it just make sure the contact is clean, if you can find out what the resistance of the sensor should be then check it while in the bike it may tell you something.
I'm just guessing here but this is what I would try..
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok so just start by unplugging the connector and cleaning it?getting anything down there to measure current is going to be close to impossible with a mult meter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts