Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Power commander may be the easiest mod I have ever done, unplug the stock connectors and plug the PCIII, mount the PCIII, Done.

The yellow box required some modification to the stock harness, the speedo wire needs to be cut so the YB can do it's thing, I solder spliced the power and ground wires.

Attachments

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
whats the yellow box for ?

·
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speedo recalibration for when you change sprockets or if you want to correct the optimistic speedo, most speedo's are about 6-8% over

·
PWN3R
1,396 Posts
I see...

·
2wheelife.com
293 Posts
GRH said:
Speedo recalibration for when you change sprockets or if you want to correct the optimistic speedo, most speedo's are about 6-8% over
So does the yellow box acctully correct the spedo when you change teeth, because it didn't work on my 01, or does the 01 have a yellow box, sorry I'm a rookie when it comes to mods for in that dept.

·
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Eyespy said:
The yellow box by black robotics works fine on the 01.

He's right because I took the Yb off my '01 before I sold it. To calibrate my '01 I hit the highway and reset the odometer at a mile marker and kept count of the mile marker versus odometer miles over say 10 miles. From that info you can calculate the percent difference and then flip the binary dip switches on the YB. It's really easy to do.
Glenn

·
Cant wheelie to save my ass!
215 Posts
GRH what other mods have you done? The reason I ask is that my 04 is stock and I am thinking about getting the PCIII as my first mod since I have been hearing that it should sort out the power curve in the lower rev range. Can you give me any feed back?

·
YamahaPartsDepot.com
20 Posts
I have a question<

do you really need the Power commander,, cant' you adjust the fuel mixture in each cylinder like a road star warrior?
where you turn the ignition on and press the odometer buttons until the menu comes up,,,
I don't know if you can do this withthe R1, but I thought that all Yamaha fuel injected bikes had this capability?
just curious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts