Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in or around Chicago get thier 04 yet...Any news on when they are coming? I would think Chicago would have been the first place to get 04's in the midwest..

·
Ride On
12 Posts
Hey just thought i'd let you know i'm getting my silver R-1 from pro motor sports in the morning. hope i sleep tonight. been waiting for awhile.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DARREL DOUMA said:
Hey just thought i'd let you know i'm getting my silver R-1 from pro motor sports in the morning. hope i sleep tonight. been waiting for awhile.
Where is that dealer...

·
rrrrrrr
111 Posts
i've been harasing the dealerships. got one on order at ccc. they say any day now. that was monday. don't know what htat means. champion told me 1st of march. don't trust any of them sobs. don't know what to tell you. but when mine comes in. i'll post:mad:

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
whall2 said:
i've been harasing the dealerships. got one on order at ccc. they say any day now. that was monday. don't know what htat means. champion told me 1st of march. don't trust any of them sobs. don't know what to tell you. but when mine comes in. i'll post:mad:
What color? What sales guy are you working with a CCC? I think they lie too. I know a couple of people at Des Plains Yamaha and they confirmed no dealers have gotten any R1 yet in Chicago..

·
rrrrrrr
111 Posts
tonykart8 said:
What color? What sales guy are you working with a CCC? I think they lie too. I know a couple of people at Des Plains Yamaha and they confirmed no dealers have gotten any R1 yet in Chicago..
oooooh i like the blue. smooth clean original not fancy like red or silver just real. talking to kevin stewart. supposed sales manager. was talking to rudy in oct and gave him my down payment. he said that the bike was going to be in in 3wks.... well. i promptly call kevin and let him take over the deal. poor rudy lost commission. but how could the sob lie like that and think that was a smart move. i mean i just gave him money. no need to lie to me. i was already in his pocket. oh well crossing my fingers and toes.

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
DARREL DOUMA said:
How can you be getting one before anyone in Chicago when the WI R1's come from the Chicago warehouse? I hope you are accurate and riding tomorrow, but I doubt it is the case. I was told mine is in Chicago warehouse and will be to Vetesnik's in Richland Center Mid to late next week...see ya out there though man. You should check out Madison Sportbike Site for local rides and general info. A good group of guys to ride with all in WI!

·
Get-R-Done
232 Posts
There really is a bike at pro motor sports. I will be going with darrel to pic it up first thing tomorrow. Will try and get pictures.

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
You fockers...lol! I wanted to be the first in WI, oh well...what color...definitely hook up the pics! We'll be out riding tomorrow too...SW wisconsin twities rule!

·
Get-R-Done
232 Posts
Il planning on takin the bike out for a little ride later this after noon also. Dont know about the twistes, there is still a little salt out there.

·
I Rail Often
97 Posts
its ok as long as you take er easy and clean right after the ride...J to H to HH to Z to ZZ to 130 south to Lone Rock, You know what I'm talkin about?

·
Get-R-Done
232 Posts
Here you go guys.....the first pictures of the 04 in Wisconsin. The bike is Darrel_Douma's.

Attachments

·
Get-R-Done
232 Posts
one more

Attachments

·
THA 1
110 Posts
tonykart8 said:
Anyone in or around Chicago get thier 04 yet..B]

Ordered mine Oct of last year at Woodfield motorsports. Talked to em last Fri. and they said it should be here in two weeks (I'll believe it when i see it). They said im the first one on the list so the first red one is mine. I wish it was here right now though. There's a heat wave going on in here right now.

·
rrrrrrr
111 Posts
chicagoland r1's are in. they are in. i was at dgy today and they had a silver one in there. saw it in back. 12300.00 otd. they are nuts. obviously sold already. but they seem to be in town. they said their next shipment was coming in in 3wks and if i wanted one i'd have to put money down now. you know how that goes!!!!:mad: ccc still is not telling me anything. so i don't know why the [email protected]#@ they can't just be straight up! i'll keep you posted

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Whall2,
Keep us updated.. I think by the end of march we will see what dealers are worth thier word.. Many dealers are known to sell deposits like TP promising bikes to all and then go down the list as the choice...There will be enough 04 for everyone that wants one but some might not get them until later in the spring.. Let us know how things turn out..

·
RS 250 for the track....
410 Posts
Any one get thier 04 after the so called "10 day delay" when are the bikes going to be hitting chicagoland in decent volume?? It going to be in the 60's on thursday...:rant

·
Get-R-Done
232 Posts
A friend of mine just picked his new silver 04 on friday of last week.

·
RS 250 for the track....
410 Posts
slinger22 said:
A friend of mine just picked his new silver 04 on friday of last week.
From which dealer?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts