Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
wh00p!
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call that said the ol 04's are in. ( not picking mine up till April ) hehe, too cold to pay for something I can't ride + spring break is coming.

I want some prices on the yosh exhaust!

·
Always maintain ONE point
989 Posts
What dealer? And are they on the dealership floor or simply in the U.S.?
My dealer told me mine would be here sometime in early March, but if your dealer has one, my bike should be getting here soon.

·
wh00p!
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sindt in Dub-- yes they are in the shop- mine is in the back :)

Texas Boy- Yep, CS major at the ol UNI. Done next Dec, And yes its a blast- We live right behind the bars on Olive, I am sure you know the street!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yep, Sindt has real competitive pricing. Waukon Yamaha is also right there. Waukon is supposedly the number 1 dealer in the state for sales volume.

EAST

·
Registered
260 Posts
All right then. We ride up in Cheeseland and NE Iowa. A few road trips thrown in. I usually put on about 14k a year.

EAST

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
UM....if the guys from down here come to CR, NO WISCONSIN riding we are all banned from the state...was a good time though

·
Registered
260 Posts
Oh for crying out load we've been booted from Cheeseland so many times I swore I'd never go back. I could tell stories. Yeah too damn many cops up the there fer shur. The problem is the best twisties this side of Arkansas are there as well. What ya gonna do? Some of my best riding buds are in Wisc, so I'll be headed up there once the roads clear off. Can't wait.

EAST

·
WTF!
510 Posts
aryan said:
not picking mine up till April ) hehe, too cold to pay for something I can't ride + spring break is coming...
Maybe I am not that great with geography but, how cold can it be in Iowa? Is there an Iowa in Canada or something? If my R1 was here in Bloomington, Indiana and the temp was anywhere above
-10 F, I would be :riding !

·
Registered
260 Posts
Right. Not that cold.

Having the right gear makes all the difference. My last ride was in December so I've got a serious need. This weekend several hundred fur shur. .. . Oh yeah.

KornKing

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
we all got tickets in wisconsin for $510 and they took our licenses in wisconsin and were told that we could not have driving"privleges" sp? in cheesefkrsland for 5 years...they werent ***ing around. We ran for miles, we were doing 165+ for over 15 minutes!! ***in road blocks
S....

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
my group i ride with has not made it to CF yet we can try this summer sometime, it there a lot of bikes over there??
if so we be there!
S...

·
Registered
413 Posts
Re: Re: 04's in Iowa

Bluepelican31 said:
Maybe I am not that great with geography but, how cold can it be in Iowa? Is there an Iowa in Canada or something? If my R1 was here in Bloomington, Indiana and the temp was anywhere above
-10 F, I would be :riding !
Yeah, I'm in Iowa, and I don't winterize or anything... pretty much ride year-round. Maybe not when it's -10, but anything over 35-40 is acceptable. But the thing is, here, it's not about the cold weather, it's about the streets still having snow, ice and THE SAND.... my god THE SAND!!!! It's horrible around here!! It's everywhere... every street, every corner!!! It's supposed to be in the 50s this weekend (warmest its been since October), so the R1 wheels will be a-spinin'.

Be safe...

·
my R1 blue me..ha ha
307 Posts
I too will take the 00 and the 02 out for a few miles, but I sure wish the 04 was here, not too big of deal though..my other 1's are plenty of fun....
S...

·
Registered
260 Posts
yeah well, there's nowhere to ride around CF. It's NE Iowa or WISC or prepare to do some traveling. Up around Dubuque there's some interesting stuff but no real twisties. Mostly high speed sweepers, which can be fun but be prepared to ride em at a buck thirty.

There's a sportbike club in Waterloo. If you want info PM me.

"we all got tickets in wisconsin for $510 and they took our licenses in wisconsin"

rdr whoa that sucks. Shouldn't you have lost them in Iowa as well? We've had sooooo many close calls up in Cheeseland. The cops are fookin everywhere. During a Sunday ride a few years back one of my buds ditched the cops. We pulled over and he bolted. Cop chased him a few minutes later we bolted. We were all sweatin it for a few weeks after that encounter. The highway dicks up there have Crown Vics with cameras mounted in the grills. Damn Nazi's. :butt You've got to be careful when in SW Cheeseland.

Korn

·
Old enough to know better
177 Posts
If you do C9Y from Balltown to HWY 52 at a buck thirty, you've got all my respect! I ride all over NE IA but stay off the main HWY's. Have had only a couple of close encounters with IA's finest, but usually don't see 'em much on the county roads. Just been lucky, I guess.
If my R1 ever gets here, maybe we can hook up for a ride or a track day when it warms up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts