Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Its Master To You
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So the story is..... I havn't ridden the bike in about 2 weeks, yesterday I got a new tire put on and rode this morning. Coming up to get gas the bike just cut out as I pulled the clutch in. It happened 4 more times as I was coming up to stop lights and to park. It seems that it isn't reving high enough when I pull the clutch in. It hovers above 1K and then just falls flat in about 2 seconds. Shes got 17000 miles on her and no problems yet.

What could this be? Thanks

·
Getting Back
1,177 Posts
Have you adjusted your idle? Does it idle lower than normal when it is warmed up???

·
Its Master To You
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you brought it in for the recall work? There was a throttle sensor that called on it. I think. I forget what it was, but it had to do with the idle and throttle.

No I havn't and I did think about that. Do you think they would still honor it a year later? It didnt do it on the ride home so we'll see....

·
Registered
17 Posts
i fixed mine myself,tps part cost 130..download the recall papers and it shows u how to adjust it..tank and airbox must come off..takes about 1 hr.that is if it is the tps causing your cut out...

·
Its Master To You
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Went down to the dealer today, they said my VIN was covered and made an apointment to get it changed. It was much easier than I thought

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.