Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Rated_R6
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys, bout to help a friend out, we're installing a set of hid's, i was wondering where do u guys mount the ballasts ? on my 05 r6 it was a breeze, it fitted directly behind the windscreen..does this go the same for the 05 r1 ? on the 05 1000rr it was a bitch, on the 05 636 it took very minor modification to fit the ballasts in..but i havnt looked throughly on the r1 yet, im hoping we dont have to extend any harness to the trunk or anything, where the pciii sits..any input would be greatly appreciated..thanks.

·
Drop a gear and Disappear!
1,922 Posts
behind the windshield

·
Rated_R6
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you kind sir.

·
My R1 Eats You
104 Posts
i have a hid kit on my bike and i put everything behind the windscreen... but some hid kits dont fit and if it does fit there will be very little room to get everything and a stock windscreen may give you even less room

·
hhmmm norton , R1, norton,R1
150 Posts
Get a puig double bubble, makes it very easy.

·
Rated_R6
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup. he has a puig DB windscreen..thanks for all the replies everyone..very much appreciate it.

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
Yep behind the screen.. plenty of room. I have 4 balasts behind it and could cram a set of panties in there for cushioning if needed.

·
Rated_R6
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep behind the screen.. plenty of room. I have 4 balasts behind it and could cram a set of panties in there for cushioning if needed.
4 ballasts ?! wow...are u using the slim ones ?? .. can u provide pics of possible ? thanks

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
4 ballasts ?! wow...are u using the slim ones ?? .. can u provide pics of possible ? thanks
Yeah slim ones...they are the size of an I-pod if not smaller....I might to be able to take a few shots at the end of the week....

·
Rated_R6
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
tenks :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.