Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Patient
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if theres any way to reduce the amount of slack or slop in the shifter mech, its not the shift rods.

anybody notice that the 04-06 shift rod, the part that actually is sticking out of the tranny, has alot of forward and backward slack before it actually shifts. My buddies is the same, and 4 other friends bikes are the same, so its probly not just mine.

Does any know what part of the transmission i would or could modify to get rid of that slop,

when im accelerationg full throttle in second, i get false neutral going into third, it doesnt happen al the time, but i have to make sure and give the shifter a really good wack and kind of over exert gthe shifting motion from my ankle to make sured i get the shift,

its just really fuggin annoying, ive bumped up the power shifter kill time to 48 milliseconds and it help but it still happens a bit once in a while

id really like to get rid of the slop in the shifter, i know the problem is stemming from this

·
burnin' up the streets
8,783 Posts
don't know about fixing it with the tranny.

have you tried adjusting the shift lever height to get a more positive shift with less foot movement?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.