Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i changed my fuel pump throttle body spark plugs, my bike will not rev unless i spray ether on the thottle bodys i can rev it then it boggs down like its pulling to much air but as long as i dnt rev it , it will somtimes idle with out a problem,,, sometimes its like it does nt wanna run and choke out the i have to spray ether on it to get it to start bak up again

help please

·
Registered
22 Posts
you're not getting enough fuel. Check that all vacuum hoses are connected properly and that the wiring is ok to both throttle position sensors are connected properly. If that's all ok check the fuel pressure regulator, blockages in fuel lines or dying fuel pump (does it prime when you switch on ignition)?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea the fuel pump does prime i have removed the fuel rail to see if it had fuel in it fuel got there so the bike was laid down to idk if the tip sensor could make it do this or not so

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also somtimes i have to sit there and hold the start button b4 it will start to start up so n other word it will be like... turning over...........turning over...... hit... hit ... hit... hit ... tryn to fire up..... fire up then.... choke it self out rite away

·
Flyin Low
04 R6 Track Bike
557 Posts
check that you didnt kink the fuel lines under the tank if you lifted it...happened to me once. rails still have fuel because its not completely kinked kind of like half kinking a garden hose. gl

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
got it to idle nw it like ever time i try to give it gas it boggd out yes this is in neutral the mod on the bike is just a full termignoni exhaust

·
Registered
22 Posts
The fuel needs to be under high pressure in the rail, so it is not enough just to check that there is fuel present.

The ECU either doesn't know you have opened up the throttle (sensor problem - TPS, cam sensor, MAP sensor, crank sensor, air leak) or is unable to supply enough fuel (low fuel pressure, problem with injectors or wiring to injectors)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know I'm a few years late. But I'm having the exact same problem. What did you do to fix it. Please help. Mine is an 05

1 - 8 of 8 Posts