Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
That seat cowl sucks..... But it probably fits better then the OEM Yamaha one on the 07-08 R1s. whats up with that? why do they fit like cheap aftermarket ebay parts?

·
I have titanium in my bones
600 Posts
That seat cowl sucks..... But it probably fits better then the OEM Yamaha one on the 07-08 R1s. whats up with that? why do they fit like cheap aftermarket ebay parts?
My ish fits really nice... and best of all matching paint with no blems.

Not sure what AM's you've seen first hand but definitely don't go by what you see in the ad's.

Oh ya, and that Ermax is def over kill on the 'gotta be different' dept.

·
Throw Some D's On It
8,779 Posts
That cowl looks like a turtle shell.

·
1,313 Posts
Dieyoung's cowl is OEM and doesnt fit good, my 06 seat cowl sat perfectly flush, where as the 07s is kinda raised a bit, giving it the appearance to be not fully closed down. i dunno

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
Dieyoung's cowl is OEM and doesnt fit good, my 06 seat cowl sat perfectly flush, where as the 07s is kinda raised a bit, giving it the appearance to be not fully closed down. i dunno
Thanks for your views, I have not seen a 06 with a cowl so I can't comment but yes I would have prefered it a bit lower, the camera and angle makes it look a bit worse than it is.

:thumbup

I like the style but I would like a tighter fit (tight is good :boobies)

Maybe we'll soon find the perfect aftermarket cowl for the R1 that would fit and would enhance and compliment the lines.

:fork Ride Safe :rock

·
1,313 Posts
Cool.... Yeah you know what, im sure with some tweaking you can make it fit better. I bet shaving some plastic here and there, and it will sit lower and further back.

all im saying is from Yamaha i expected better fitment. Check it out on my 06

Attachments

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts

That is a nice and tight fit you got on your bike (I like the mouse trap in the bottom left corner - nice big chunk of cheese :hammer: "lucky" mouse.

The cowl is still very new, think I removed it once, so I'll do a bit of plastic surgery and looks a bit rugged on the inside. I also think :fork could have done a better job with the OEM.

Thanks for the advice.

:rock Ride Safe :boobies

·
1,313 Posts

That is a nice and tight fit you got on your bike (I like the mouse trap in the bottom left corner - nice big chunk of cheese :hammer: "lucky" mouse.

The cowl is still very new, think I removed it once, so I'll do a bit of plastic surgery and looks a bit rugged on the inside. I also think :fork could have done a better job with the OEM.

Thanks for the advice.

:rock Ride Safe :boobies

Hahaha you like that mousetrap huh? Yeah well I like to clean my car and my bike late at night before I go in and I keep the garage door open all the time in the summer, so I had a few experiences with field mice running into the garage so I keep that mousetrap there all summer just incase one of those field mice snuck inside and is roaming around looking for food :bash

·
Midnight Black Road Rocket
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanx for the replies guys! Thought as much the Ermax is over the top and @ $200 Au still a rip off. The 06 OEM does fit awesome hey and looks great on the anniversary model! Shame the 07 fits crap, its same gap as the standard seat.....check out mine....lol.

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
Thanx for the replies guys! Thought as much the Ermax is over the top and @ $200 Au still a rip off. The 06 OEM does fit awesome hey and looks great on the anniversary model! Shame the 07 fits crap, its same gap as the standard seat.....check out mine....lol.

I only just noticed mine is exactly the same... :yuk:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.