Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Parts... Mmmmmmm :boobies

Hoping they make parts for the '04-'06 R1s as well. :sneaky

Innovation, striving for perfection and discovering new possibilities have always been our priorities and the driving force behind our development. We have channeled our years of experience and knowledge gained from racing at the highest levels into our new carbon parts, which make and outstanding complement to our existing range of sports exhaust systems.

We use only pre-impregnated carbon fiber, since it has to provide extreme tensile strength and withstand high temperatures. We use state-of-the=art vacuum techniques in autoclaves to produce our carbon parts, and all laminating is done manually, which is the only way to guarantee superior quality.

The brightest diamonds in the motorcycling world are black!

http://www.akrapovic.net/product-catalog/carbon-parts/

http://www.akrapovic.net/fileadmin/user_upload/carbon_parts/Yamaha_R1_2007_carbon.pdf

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
my bike would look best with your wheels bogie:fact

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
they will be overpriced and not made by akro so woopie, name reconigition at its best.

since when did akro become a top maker of composite parts?????

True....... But I doubt Akra would put their name on something that suffers in quality, so you can expect a high quality product, and we all know how hard those are to come by especially when dealing with carbon fiber.

You need to start selling your own stuff, there would be a line of guys down the block and around the corner waiting for that carbon swingarm cover. You should talk to shane to see if you could become a dealer on this forum and r6 forum!!

·
FZ1-N as Naked
34 Posts
The new Carbon parts ARE made inhouse by akrapovic themself. I have seen a fender and the airbox cover for the R1. And the parts are head over shoulder compared to Yamaha's own carbon parts. The clear coat are deep, clear and wery glossy. And as a big consumer of Carbon parts, I have never seen a carbon finish like this for bikes.

If/When I get the new 08 R1 i have an order ready for all the parts, that's for sure

·
Super Moderator
11,885 Posts
Those black ten spokes are sick!!!
It's actually the 5 spokes but the ends branch to 10 total. Those are lighter than the 10 spoke.

·
Super Moderator
21,723 Posts
Hoping they make parts for the '04-'06 R1s as well. :sneaky[/COLOR
Kevin, you gonna spend the $$$$ on those candy carbon bits? You know you will be trading up in '10. :2bitchsla You already have enough Carbon Fiber to make a Stealh Jet Fighter. :lol

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
They look sweet!

·
Administrator
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If they don't come out with the 04-06 parts... I may have to buy an 08! :fact

·
Administrator
25,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Kevin, you gonna spend the $$$$ on those candy carbon bits? You know you will be trading up in '10. :2bitchsla You already have enough Carbon Fiber to make a Stealh Jet Fighter. :lol
You've got a good point there. It would just be nice to have the cf weave to match with all my cf parts. Most do, but some are just a wee bit different. :fact

Although, I could buy the '08, get those sweet Akra carbon fiber parts and keep my '05 as a track bike after parting out most of my cosmetic mods off the '05. Then in '10 I could trade in the '05 on a new '10 and make the '08 a track bike. Things that make you go hmmmm..... :boobies

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.