Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R1-014 Dragon Squadron
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with an 07 have issues with their battery?

Today I started my bike with no issues.. Rode a block and pulled over to talk to my wife cause she was coming in the neighborhood as I was leaving.. hit the red kill switch and sat there for about 4 or 5 minutes with the ignition on but engine off.. The high-beams were on. Well went to start the bike and the battery is shot.. I ended up grabbing the truck and had he pull me home..

I was already late for work so I just grabbed her R6 and left the R1 at home.. I plan to jump it when I get home and check for proper voltage from the stator/regulator. Just wondered if anyone else has had an issue or if it was just me leaving the ignition on to long..

Bike is a 07 R1 with 5,200 miles on it.. Bought it exactly 4 months and 3 weeks ago. :(

·
R1-014 Dragon Squadron
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well.. Jumped the bike with the car today Rode it 40 miles.. Stopped And it re-fired right up no issues..

guess just sitting there for 5+ minutes with high-beams on just ran it down to much...

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
Batteries are getting smaller and smaller to cut weight. Although they are more efficient than in the past, they have reduced capacity. Don't leave your lights on long. Same with the cooling fans.

Also... start looking into a battery tender to keep it peak. Once you have to "jump start" them a couple times, it's downhill from there.

·
I'm slow,but i may not be last
132 Posts
got a frd of mine also accidentally switch to P.E position and left his bike overnite, the very next morning when he came for his bike, he couldn't crank at all. Got to change a new one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.