Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I just got back from a 20 minute trip to the store. As I pulled into my driveway I noticed that my temp was unusually high at 230 degrees. Immediately as I turned the bike off it started smoking, I noticed that coolant was leaking at a rapid pace from somewhere near the top of the radiator, hitting the hot engine/ headers etc and evaporating. I havent taken the fairings off yet because the bike is still hot, but If I were to guess its leaking somewhere in the upper right section of the radiator (if youre looking at the bike from the front). Anyone have any clue what could have caused this? Its about 80 degrees and I was riding at my typical modern pace. Im praying I didnt crack the radiator... Any help is appreciated!

· Live ur passion
194 Posts
Let the bike run on a straight stand for around 5mins with fairings off, and see where the leakage is from
It could be from the Rad cap, or the Rad itself with a hidden crack

· Registered
1,365 Posts
The coolant reservoir is also about there but it should overflow through a hose out low down behind the belly pan.

Had the fans kicked in?

230 is hot but shouldn't have harmed anything. I'd guess overflow but you never know. Fingers crossed for you mate.

**Just saw the date. Guess it was ok, lol.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.