Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Live to Ride and Play da Blues
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about trying to angle my clutch and brake lever down and there isn't much room do to the cable's. Has anybody tried this adjustment?
Just wondering if it's even worth it to change the stock setup or is it possible.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I also find that on my 08 the clutch lever would be more natural if I could rotate the mounting on the bar so that the lever would be lower in the front,it seems the steering damper mounting is in the way, right now I have to raise my fingers up and over the lever more than I think I should and it makes it a little uncomfortable. I notice the brake lever is better angled.

·
Village Idiot
129 Posts
I'm having the same problems on my 08. The clutch switch plugs hit the top of the steering damper so it won't turn far enough to be comfortable.

The brake lever feels like it has some kind of locating pin where it clamps onto the clip-on preventing it from having much movement.

I'm gonna have a play and see if I can find a way to adjust the levers further.

·
Squid
3,371 Posts
Not much room on later model R1s to angle control levers down.

I was able to angle mine down just enough to where they are tolerable.

IMHO, brake is more important to angle down than the clutch, and there's a little more room to angle the brake down than the clutch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the replies, It reassures me that I'm not out of my mind, the problem I have is that unless I change the damper out for a different type, which I like the design of the one there already, there isn't much chance to adjust the handles

·
Registered
421 Posts
The brake lever feels like it has some kind of locating pin where it clamps onto the clip-on preventing it from having much movement.

I'm gonna have a play and see if I can find a way to adjust the levers further.
I know this is an old thread but I was trying to adjust my levers tonight and just ended up frustrated by the lack of adjustability. On the brake side I loosened the banjo bolt that connects the brake lever to the brake line and rotated it a bit for clearance; it didn't help much. I managed to only move my brake lever down an extra 2-3mm's.

Would aftermarket clipons help or an anyone point me in the right direction on how to get more adjustability. Maybe some tips on rerouting cables or lines to get that extra clearance?

·
My R1 eats Smoked Pork
208 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I was trying to adjust my levers tonight and just ended up frustrated by the lack of adjustability. On the brake side I loosened the banjo bolt that connects the brake lever to the brake line and rotated it a bit for clearance; it didn't help much. I managed to only move my brake lever down an extra 2-3mm's.

Would aftermarket clipons help or an anyone point me in the right direction on how to get more adjustability. Maybe some tips on rerouting cables or lines to get that extra clearance?
how do I loosen that banjo bit? when I tried to rotate the front lever down for more comfotable angle the steel curved brake line runs into the fork preventing barely any adjustment. I would love to lower it about 1 to 1/2 inch..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.