Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone ever tried to install the brake caliper of '07 R1 onto '06 R1? Any suggestions r welcomed

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess we have to go w/ the route of using '07 wheels to match the same bolt patterns and spacing specs.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think you misunderstood me. I want the 6 piston '07 calipers however, '07 disc is 10mm smaller than '06. Yes, you're right regarding that I have to measure the rotors holes. I'm not positively sure that the repair manual has that info. Now, who in this forum has that info?

· Local Pavement Ripper
1,680 Posts
The front wheel is the same. So I would think that the rotors would bolt up just fine. However, some things as far as spacing is concerned, is the bolt spacing for the calipers, and the angle that they sit at. Also, would stock brake lines or an aftermarket setup already in place work?

Attachments

· Local Pavement Ripper
1,680 Posts
You need 07 wheel bearings, axle and front forks for it to work.
Axles are the same, but the bearings are different. But the inner and outer diameters would be the same since the wheels and axles are the same. Widths could be different, and All Balls doesn't show a kit yet that I saw online.

I'm thinking for better braking and feel you might be better off with a good set of pads and a Brembo master cylinder. Unless of course you can come across a set of used forks and calipers at a decent price.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mmhhh...now, I'm not sure with how I'm swapping the bearings in my machesini wheels and on top of that, I have ohlins forks. damn...I always want to have 6 piston calipers!!

· Local Pavement Ripper
1,680 Posts
yes, keep us updated

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.