Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

Need your help with my 07 R1. i never really noticed it maybe because my riding style is different, but my buddy pointed it out to me and it's now driving me nuts.

Whenever I swiftly crank the power all the way close to readline or until the shift indicator light goes off, there is just no power or a noticeable delay in pull. you can hear it roaring, but there's just no pull / power at the high end.

My riding style is somewhat conservative as I build power and twist the throttle gently for smoother acceleration and there is no noticeable delay but when I tried what my friend pointed out, that is giving it full throttle, there is a lag / delay with the thrust. I have been reading previous posts about the throttle delay at 5500rpm and the tech recall with the ECU, but I don't think it's the problem that I have as the delay seems to be at the higher rpm's and pretty much at all gears.

Can somebody shed some light into this if any of you have had the same problem and how were you able to fix it please? I took a video of it but the camera was focused incorrectly on the tank and not the cluster.

Thanks for the help.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
If you say you can hear it roaring that would sound to me like your engine is running fine but your clutch is slipping under the higher load at higher rpms. By roaring do you mean the engine is still revving?? If so your clutch is probably slipping. If this is the case you would be able to see the rpms rise without the speed increasing. Your definition of roaring could be totally different than mine. If in the high rpms when this happens and the rpms are not climbing this would indicate a engine issue of somekind rather it be internal/electrical or fuel related.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
solved!

If you say you can hear it roaring that would sound to me like your engine is running fine but your clutch is slipping under the higher load at higher rpms. By roaring do you mean the engine is still revving?? If so your clutch is probably slipping. If this is the case you would be able to see the rpms rise without the speed increasing. Your definition of roaring could be totally different than mine. If in the high rpms when this happens and the rpms are not climbing this would indicate a engine issue of somekind rather it be internal/electrical or fuel related.
That is spot on jake. It was apparently, slipping. I adjusted the clutch to give it a bit of slack as the clutch was disengaging and at higher rpm's it was slipping. A few clicks and it did the job!

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,329 Posts
That is spot on jake. It was apparently, slipping. I adjusted the clutch to give it a bit of slack as the clutch was disengaging and at higher rpm's it was slipping. A few clicks and it did the job!
Well if you had it adjusted tight enough to cause the clutch to slip I would make sure you have adjusted it enough to where when you let out the clutch the cable is totally stress free. Meaning the cable/lever has a tad of wiggle room this makes sure your clutch lever is not pulling on the cable whatsoever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
Jaketheone46
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing